Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2022 - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka is really really annoying.It appears that she wants people to feel sorry for her.She is an attention seeker with no emotional intelligence.Venus and Serena endured the worst kind of abuse but they held their heads up high and never let any one see them sweat.Her father forgot to work on her mentality when he was busy copying the sisters.
Usually people that seek attention are low in self confidence.It is a shame that Osaka has taken this route, she is a talented tennis player, though she has lost her way.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think someone on this board may have mentioned it previously, but Naomi may not win another grand slam major ever.
She is set for life and she can milk this mental illness narrative until she retires whenever that is.The tour is so boring with these weak storylines.There are very few interesting players on the women tour.I am sure a lot of players can't stand her manipulative behind.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would like for Coco Gauff to stop playing doubles for awhile in tournaments and just concentrate on her singles, she was holding her own in her match against Hale[p up 4-2 in the 2nd set today and faded when needed to step up in her match, of late she has been losing to players,she should not be losing to,I also think she should be looking for a more experienced coach now instead of her parents.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I would like for Coco Gauff to stop playing doubles for a while in tournaments and just concentrate on her singles. She was holding her own in her match against Halep up 4-2 in the 2nd set today and faded when needed to step up in her match. Of late she has been losing to players she should not be losing to, I also think she should be looking for a more experienced coach now instead of her parents.

I haven't been paying attention to the ladies much, but was this done on purpose; lady Madrid running late & run to overlap the men's tourney! :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Impressive match from Amanda Anisimova, resisting a late charge from Victoria Azaranka defeating the 15th seed 61 64

Reactions: Fiero425

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Osaka will hopefully figure things out. I think her main issue is figuring out how to discuss her issues in a conducive manner. I think sometimes how she has presented her issues has made her a target because there were different ways of handling it like the heckler situation was quite bizarre from her.

She also has to stop this I need to figure out clay and having a defeatist attitude about it even if it is true. The big difference I see between her and Venus and Serena is they believed they could play anywhere and win.

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A really good win from Jessicia Pegula who defeated Bianca Andreescu 75 61...Bianca never found her range in this match
( Bianca showed in her previous matches some good signs of play, seeing this was her first tournament back,for sometime,hopefully going forward she will be on the improve).

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
AAE49AF3-4EA2-4020-901D-E33FE7EC2FDB.jpeg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great job Ons. :clap: I think she is paying errrrbody back for falling short in Charleston.
She did use the word "revenge" when talking to Prakash after that match. :lulz1: