Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2022 - WTA 1000

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It looks like everyone is scared of upsetting her fragile ego..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka has asked for the trainer/doctor...SST leads 3-1 in the 2nd set

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
In their first meeting,it was a great overall performance from Simone Halep, even if Paula Badosa was not fully fit, ( Paula had the trainer out after the 2nd set, a right shoulder problem)
Halep d Badosa (2) 63 61
Before the match Paula admitted to being nervous playing in Spain. Saying she felt great expectation to play well in Madrid because she lives there, trains there and her family would be out in large numbers.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I said this before, Naomi didn't do herself any favors taking all that time off. First her ranking dropped and now her timing and rhythm is completely whack. She needs matches. Contrary to what she may think, she isn't Prime Grand Slam Serena that can just walk into a tournament and win it.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I said this before, Naomi didn't do herself any favors taking all that time off. First her ranking dropped and now her timing and rhythm is completely whack. She needs matches. Contrary to what she may think, she isn't Prime Grand Slam Serena that can just walk into a tournament and win it.
She is delusional to think that she is in the same league as Serena or Venus.She sucks the fun out of matches with her pick me attitude.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
SST keeps the home fires burning in Madrid defeating Osaka 63 61 ( SST is also still in the doubles draw)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka and clay do not mix,she needs matches on clay, I wonder will she play Rome now?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasn't expecting her to win this title, but was expecting her to get a few rounds and build some form.
Agree, I also thought she could not win.If she is serious about having better results on clay,she needs to go to Rome before RG

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She is preparing to get out of the clay season.I bet you that she is not playing Roland Garros, she is imagining boos on Chatririer.She is so weak minded,if she cannot take the heat get out of the kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Osaka had a whole segement this morning on CBS Sunday Morning - about her mental health and how she's such a trailblazer bringing attention to the world and sports figures with mental health issues.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Apparently Osaka had a whole segement this morning on CBS Sunday Morning - about her mental health and how she's such a trailblazer bringing attention to the world and sports figures with mental health issues.
Oh, cry me a river already. :loudly-crying-face: The sisters have been taking time off the tour for 20 years. They just didn't put their business in the street and call it a mental health break. Why does she think they're still training and playing at age 40?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, cry me a river already. The sisters have been taking time off the tour for 20 years. :loudly-crying-face: They just didn't put their business in the street and call it a mental health break. Why does she think they're still training and playing at age 40?
It appears Osaka lives in her own 'bubble'

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, cry me a river already. :loudly-crying-face: The sisters have been taking time off the tour for 20 years. They just didn't put their business in the street and call it a mental health break. Why does she think they're still training and playing at age 40?
I think someone on this board may have mentioned it previously, but Naomi may not win another grand slam major ever.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And the winner is Ons Jabeur in a good match over Belinda Bencic - nice Eid present
1651502982908.png

1651503253697.png

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Osaka is really really annoying.It appears that she wants people to feel sorry for her.She is an attention seeker with no emotional intelligence.Venus and Serena endured the worst kind of abuse but they held their heads up high and never let any one see them sweat.Her father forgot to work on her mentality when he was busy copying the sisters.

Reactions: kskate2 and tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It looks like everyone is scared of upsetting her fragile ego..

I don't understand! Why is it Osaka has to toughen up and just let water "run off a duck's back?" I still see her as a little girl! She's a player I want to see do well and has some real skill; hence her "Major" wins over the best in the world! Nothing wrong w/ having a delicate flower on the tour! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

• Haha
Reactions: tossip