Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2022 - Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Arent you watching Sir Andrew vs Dominic at present ? Sir Andrew won the 1st set 63 you must be delighted :)
Seeing it is a WTA and ATP tournament it would be good if both started at the same time....

Thiem still not on his game! It appears he's changed the way he hits his forehand; hence the UFE's! Did you see "Hair-Jr." win saving 3 MP's? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That tells me that he is not ready to put the extra torque on his wrist..
Winning matches breeds confidence for starters, that is what Dominic needs now, one of my commentators was saying he felt Dominic was protecting his wrist?....we shall see

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agree, as I said player smaller tournaments and winning matches breeds confidence which he needs now
He should also be playing doubles at least initially to help with match play.

On another note, another one of my favorites Shapovalov looks like he put in some good training. He wasn’t a double fault machine and actually served well and clutch for a change.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He should also be playing doubles at least initially to help with match play.

On another note, another one of my favorites Shapovalov looks like he put in some good training. He wasn’t a double fault machine and actually served well and clutch for a change.
Doubles does help singles play,maybe that could help Dominic confidence wise.I saw a bit of Shapo's match,for his first match back and on clay he played well and will play Murray next.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Winning matches breeds confidence for starters, that is what Dominic needs now, one of my commentators was saying he felt Dominic was protecting his wrist?....we shall see
He cant win matches because he is afraid of being injured again. Dominic needs his weapons, big serve, big FH, big BH which is how he breaks down his opponents. When all of this is clicking, Dominic's feet are moving as well as anyone in the top ten. Otherwise, he is just been reduced to be a glorified practice partner. This is why I wanted him to go train with Rafa at the Nadal academy to regain his form. It will come back but it will take time just as Andy told him afterwards their match. Trust his body will build his confidence to want to grind again to win. I agree with what you said earlier, try some lesser tournaments before facing the gladiators in the master series level. IMO

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If Monfils cant win the match vs Novak today he may NEVER defeat him.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Doubles does help singles play,maybe that could help Dominic confidence wise.I saw a bit of Shapo's match,for his first match back and on clay he played well and will play Murray next.
I going to give this a bump from the WTA thread.

He cant win matches because he is afraid of being injured again. Dominic needs his weapons, big serve, big FH, big BH which is how he breaks down his opponents. When all of this is clicking, Dominic's feet are moving as well as anyone in the top ten. Otherwise, he is just been reduced to be a glorified practice partner. This is why I wanted him to go train with Rafa at the Nadal academy to regain his form. It will come back but it will take time just as Andy told him afterwards their match. Trust his body will build his confidence to want to grind again to win. I agree with what you said earlier, try some lesser tournaments before facing the gladiators in the master series level. IMO

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I going to give this a bump from the WTA thread.

Lesser tournaments sounds like a good idea. Whatever it takes to get back to his winning ways, he should do it. I miss his matches. He was a dynamic force when he was in top form.

Reactions: Moxie