Miami Open - ATP Masters 1000

Added to Calendar: 12 dates

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Today Martina and Jason are the commentators , big difference!!! both are talking about whatever is interesting and not like Jim Courier, he is a pain you know where :yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Today Martina and Jason are the commentators , big difference!!! both are talking about whatever is interesting and not like Jim Courier, he is a pain you know where :yawningface:
Agree with your comments about Jim Courier,have to put up with him at the AO.....I usually mute him on matches :)

Reactions: Carol

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seb Korda is giving Schwartzman what-for so far.

Reactions: shawnbm

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the surreal feeling of zero big3 action in this masters is so strange i think it has even confused those massive walruses on the antarctic ice shelf.

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the surreal feeling of zero big3 action in this masters is so strange i think it has even confused those massive walruses on the antarctic ice shelf.
The walruses are saying that the real drama is on the women's side. And they're really kinda butch. (By which I mean the walruses.)

Last edited:
Reactions: JesuslookslikeBorg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seb Korda holds his nerve and beats his first Top 10 player. He'll make a big jump in the rankings. (Such as they are.)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seb Korda holds his nerve and beats his first Top 10 player. He'll make a big jump in the rankings. (Such as they are.)
I really like this kid he has the goods apart from the fact he has a cat name Rafa :)
I would really like to see Rublev win this event.

Reactions: Carol

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really like this kid he has the goods apart from the fact he has a cat name Rafa :)
I would really like to see Rublev win this event.
Rafa is Korda's idol. I'd be happy with basically everyone still in, particularly now that Cilic is out. I hate to be so grumpy about Cilic, but, aside from a fairly narrow window, he's one who tends to fall short and disappoint. If I were greedy, I'd love to see Sinner or Korda run the table. I picked Medvedev in the draw challenge, but I tore up my draw and walked away ages ago. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is Korda's idol. I'd be happy with basically everyone still in, particularly now that Cilic is out. I hate to be so grumpy about Cilic, but, aside from a fairly narrow window, he's one who tends to fall short and disappoint. If I were greedy, I'd love to see Sinner or Korda run the table. I picked Medvedev in the draw challenge, but I tore up my draw and walked away ages ago. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Don't be soo hard on the one time GS champion:)......My young Aussie should have beaten Med,a hard lesson learnt....I am still sticking with Rublev and if he meets Med hopefully he can beat him for the first time.

Reactions: Moxie and Carol

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa is Korda’s idol and Sinner, Rublev too and three of them are into the quarterfinals, not too bad

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner stole that set off of Bublik in the TB! Snuck right past him. Bublik is playing like he's got house money, most of the time.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jannik Sinner is my new favorite young player! His steely nerves at age 19 is incredibly to watch right now! Both Korda and Sinner are playing well right now and I wonder who their favorite player watching right now?

Reactions: Moxie

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was at the Miami Open yesterday and got a chance to see Sinner and Sebastian Korda play their matches and BOTH are mighty impressive. Andy Roddick thinks Korda will be the next big player from USA and Sinner is going to blow by the Fog as Italy's top dog in no time--the youngsters have that air about them. They are cool in the tense moments. Exciting stuff--glad I was there and may well be tomorrow if I can make it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner is my new favorite young player! His steely nerves at age 19 is incredibly to watch right now! Both Korda and Sinner are playing well right now and I wonder who their favorite player watching right now?
I have been telling that to everyone for well over a year now:) as a Italian it is good to see we have 2 youngsters on the rise.We have been in a tennis drought for years.Jannik is mature beyond his years.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's an interesting stat: If Sinner wins the Miami Open, he will be in the Top 15 rankings this upcoming Monday. Which means he can avoid Djokovic/Nadal/Thiem until the 4th Round of Roland Garros.

Reactions: shawnbm and Moxie