Miami Open - ATP Masters 1000

Added to Calendar: 12 dates

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes he did....he stated that in his apology....his on court antics were extremely unprofessional....
He should not have taken out his anger on court what happened previously in a players meeting full stop and should get fined for his outburst.
For someone who anointed himself "Co-president" (along with Novak) of the newly formed Players Association for 2 years, lets just say the optics aren't the best.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He should have more self control, the crowd and the viewers have already their own problems to watch that show . At least he apologized.........

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He should have more self control, the crowd and the viewers have already their own problems to watch that show . At least he apologized.........

Carol he did do another apology via Twitter before that one you posted also an apology to the chair umpire as well,as he should.

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol he did do another apology via Twitter before that one you posted also an apology to the chair umpire as well,as he should.
The funny thing is that yesterday during the match he also said he can't understand why he is supporting that s**t business, incredible!

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
musetti just won..i think he plays 'the sultan of strop' benoit paire in r2.

i bet jannik sinner cannot believe he is seeded 24 or so, benefiting form all the wd's, as is musetti who avoided qualifying..after about the 22nd wd bumped him up to main draw.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the lesser spotted kokk, who did qual via quals won his 1st rd. live rank is 220s (yikes).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
musetti just won..i think he plays 'the sultan of strop' benoit paire in r2.

i bet jannik sinner cannot believe he is seeded 24 or so, benefiting form all the wd's, as is musetti who avoided qualifying..after about the 22nd wd bumped him up to main draw.
Stroppy Paire basically tanked and Musetti is through. Shapo made it harder on himself than he needed to. Service toss issues. Rublev through rather easily.

Reactions: JesuslookslikeBorg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fantastic job by Seb Korda to beat the Fog. F3 was really on fire in the first, then cooled off a bit, but Korda really seemed to be learning on the job. Played a lot of mature, measured tennis. His serve wasn't bailing him out, and Fognini's head wasn't exploding. At just 20, Korda played some calm and smart tennis.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
John Isner aka The Giant Sequioa beat Felix AA 7-6, 7-6. I dunno, yes Isner is a seasoned veteran who thrives on HC but it just seems to be another example of what I find to be a problem with Felix. For all his gifts he can’t impose himself on matches, seems to play up or down to his opponents abilities. Starting to wonder if it’s a mental crutch, ie he plays just well enough to lose.

OTOH Janick Sinner’s 3 set win over Karen Kachanov was impressive. Ironically Lobotomy boy did not play badly, but Sinner stepped it up in the 3rd set. Both boys like to blast the ball. The commentators were saying that Sinner had an insane 1 UFE in that set ( KK only had 3 or 4) and when KK was serving at 4-4, 40-15 Sinner fought back to deuce and then somehow ran down a KK drop volley for a CC winner for BP to eventually break. Really a fantastic point.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
John Isner aka The Giant Sequioa beat Felix AA 7-6, 7-6. I dunno, yes Isner is a seasoned veteran who thrives on HC but it just seems to be another example of what I find to be a problem with Felix. For all his gifts he can’t impose himself on matches, seems to play up or down to his opponents abilities. Starting to wonder if it’s a mental crutch, ie he plays just well enough to lose.
Felix has talent,though he does need to work on his return game,to me it is mental especially when he has been to so many finals,playing well and then ends up losing.I have suggested seeing a sports psychologist.....I know players that travel with them on tour.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to my young Aussie Alexi who has won the 2nd set in a t/break 76 (7) over Medvedev.
Medvedev won 1st set 76(3)
Medvedev limps to win the match 76(3) 67(7) 64

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

OTOH Janick Sinner’s 3 set win over Karen Kachanov was impressive. Ironically Lobotomy boy did not play badly, but Sinner stepped it up in the 3rd set. Both boys like to blast the ball. The commentators were saying that Sinner had an insane 1 UFE in that set ( KK only had 3 or 4) and when KK was serving at 4-4, 40-15 Sinner fought back to deuce and then somehow ran down a KK drop volley for a CC winner for BP to eventually break. Really a fantastic point.
I posted on the wrong thread about Sinner d. KK...that was a fantastic job by Sinner. Really good match, actually. Good points about Felix, I think. Such a ho-hum match, and I'm tired of FAA being so ho-hum. He should have the chops to have broken Isner. It's getting to be too old a story that he got a lot of attention really young. I don't know if he needs a psychologist or just more fire in the belly.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well done to my young Aussie Alexi who has won the 2nd set in a t/break 76 (7) over Medvedev.
Medvedev won 1st set 76(3)
Medvedev limps to win the match 76(3) 67(7) 64
I really don't know how Medvedev turned that match around. I had to stop watching for at the tail end of the 3rd, and figured Medvedev was going to lose, do to cramping, or whatever. Alexi played well, though, from what I saw.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why the comentaristas are talking so much, I understand it’s their work but they should talk more about the match, the shots, the points instead of so many silly things

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why the comentaristas are talking so much, I understand it’s their work but they should talk more about the match, the shots, the points instead of so many silly things
What was it, in partcular, that has you so riled up?

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I posted on the wrong thread about Sinner d. KK...that was a fantastic job by Sinner. Really good match, actually. Good points about Felix, I think. Such a ho-hum match, and I'm tired of FAA being so ho-hum. He should have the chops to have broken Isner. It's getting to be too old a story that he got a lot of attention really young. I don't know if he needs a psychologist or just more fire in the belly.
Mr overrated

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some of them talk too much, maybe you like it, not me
Oh, no...I'm pretty sure we all think they talk too much. I was just wondering if anyone was especially talking out of school, or something. :)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tits lost set 2 to nishi..neither of them has won a masters title yet. big chance.