Miami Masters 2015 (Women)

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
A two set match that went three hard sets because Serena panic attacks

I don't think she panic I think the crowd disrupted her.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
Calvy said:
I agree with you..:cry..she hasnt been very confident since Sascha left..complaing about her rackets..:popcorn.she should bring him back.

I wish you would stop with that Sascha crap. Are you serious?

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJAegxlTMk[/video]

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
Calvy said:

I don't think she panic I think the crowd disrupted her.

Don't see why they would have gotten to her at 4-4 in the second set or serving for the match at 5-3 in the third. Like the commentators stated, they get to you when you're not playing well.

She panicked and it was evident in her strokes, she wasn't hitting throw the balls, she starting hitting tentatively.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
kskate2 said:
tossip said:
I agree with you..:cry..she hasnt been very confident since Sascha left..complaing about her rackets..:popcorn.she should bring him back.
You can't blame it all on Sasha.. I thought she played really well in AO. She did win the thing despite being ill
I am not blaming Sascha..:nono..I am saying it seems her rackets are not stringed right and appears to be complaining about them.I heard that Sascha used to have them stringed right.She is now making a lot of errors...something that she had stopped doing.She is winning by sheer guts..
This is so annoying Sascha was not the one who strung the racquets he took them to have them strung and I am sure the person who does that job knows exactly what to do. Sascha was only a darn hitting give me a darn break.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
That goes back to what Calvy was saying. That she's been having panic attacks for awhile
The woman has 19 majors why would she have a panic attack? She has done it all.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
kskate2 said:
That goes back to what Calvy was saying. That she's been having panic attacks for awhile

She still wants to do well, and she loves Miami. I get it. But, she has to stop sweating the small things like the crowd, the sun, the wind or whatever else is happening that she can't control. There was no reason from 6-2, 4-4 for her to throw in that weird game. She was playing well up until that point, so no reason to let the crowd or whatever else effect the focus. I could see if the situation was reversed and she was losing 2-6, 4-4 why she might panic. I think it would do for her to remind herself of the situation in a match at times.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
kskate2 said:

Like Chris Evert stated, when she getting older, typically in your thirties, you become more tentative and nervous. You're not as assured every point as you were when you are younger. Martina concurred on with that, and you can even see it in Federer's play as well, and Nadal admitted as much in his press conference after his loss in Miami.

Now, unless you know how it feel to be an aging professional tennis player better than those player's, I think I'll take their word their word that nerves play more of a part when you're nearing closer to the end of ones career.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I also have to wonder if in the back of Serena's mind if she is thinking at some point who is going to be that player that comes after me. Am I playing her right now? is this going to be the person I have a hard time against at the twilight of my career?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
tossip said:
kskate2 said:
You can't blame it all on Sasha.. I thought she played really well in AO. She did win the thing despite being ill
I am not blaming Sascha..:nono..I am saying it seems her rackets are not stringed right and appears to be complaining about them.I heard that Sascha used to have them stringed right.She is now making a lot of errors...something that she had stopped doing.She is winning by sheer guts..
This is so annoying Sascha was not the one who strung the racquets he took them to have them strung and I am sure the person who does that job knows exactly what to do. Sascha was only a darn hitting give me a darn break.
:lolz:..you are getting heated over nothing..:popcorn

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
colleen66 said:
What confounds me about this match between Serena and Simona is the fact that Serena played amazing tennis for a set and 4-4 then..........I don't know what the heck happened. After holding at love for many of her service games in the second set she just lost focus and almost let the match slip away.
that crowd was disrupting her..:cry

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Was Richard there tonight? I didn't see him in the crowd

He is now sitting in the stands...looks like he is no longer coaching her since she anointed Patrick as the coach,,

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
kskate2 said:

He is now sitting in the stands...looks like he is no longer coaching her since she anointed Patrick as the coach,,

I think Serena is just being Serena, it's not the hitting partner I think she is getting older and a bit edgy

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:
kskate2 said:

I think Serena is just being Serena, it's not the hitting partner I think she is getting older and a bit edgy
I think its burnout..she has been playing a packed season since 2012 and last year she played that Asian league so there was no off season for her.i

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
That was one of those semifinals that feels more like a final. I don't think she'll have as much trouble on Saturday.

Agreed, I think Serena Williams will probably double bagel CSN if she is serving well and decides vto keep her feet in frequent movement., she is going drop some major bombs on that player. Halep is really playing well, I was a fan of hers 3years ago , just because::blush: but now she is becoming the ultimate competitor

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

I think its burnout..she has playing a packed season since 2012 and last year she played that Asian league so there was no off season for her.i

Think about it how emotional she was understandable at IW but she seems to just be real moody these days, I think the crowd picks up on it. Hopefully she will get it together before RG , and those fickle French

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena had a first serve percentage of about 45% and yet won 69% of total points on her serve.
Simona had a first serve percentage of 67% and yet managed to win only 57% of total points on her serve. Go figure.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Just as last year's champions were, I think Halep should take away from this that she's really making inroads. After the way she bombed out at RG in the finals she has to take away positives that she can take Serena Williams to the brink. Now she needs to translate this confidence to the later rounds of slam.s

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
taking Serena to the brink is not enough...Azarenka used to take Serena to the brink and lost all the time and the h2h will continue to grow 5-1.
Simona and Serena almost share a birthday Simona 25 and Serena 26...