Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isner in three

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Isner is playing some of his best tennis. He's cut through three of the top young guns. Can he take down Djokovic? Or will Novak be wearing his 143mph serve-proof vest again??

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Isner is playing some of his best tennis. He's cut through three of the top young guns. Can he take down Djokovic? Or will Novak be wearing his 143mph serve-proof vest again??

Didn't Novak Just withstand John in IW? But, is that good or bad? On the one hand you can
argue that he had recent practice. On the other hand you can argue that the odds of withstanding
again is less as he already used up his luck/focus in the last match in IW.

I go with Isner, for a Isner/Berdych Final.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Too many oscilations by Djokovic and i got feeling Isner is bad match-up for Djoker. He lost last year from him. I am in doubt, but i think if he pass to finals he win the Masters.

Djoker cant afford 3-0 or 4-0 losing with Isner since all goes to TB or higher set numbers.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
nehmeth said:

Didn't Novak Just withstand John in IW? But, is that good or bad? On the one hand you can
argue that he had recent practice. On the other hand you can argue that the odds of withstanding

Yes he did. I venture it was more an unwavering focus than luck that got him through. Consistent focus has not been his strong suit here, and that has me concerned.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
GameSetAndMath said:
nehmeth said:

Yes he did. I venture it was more an unwavering focus than luck that got him through. Consistent focus has not been his strong suit here, and that has me concerned.

But as a true No. 1 should, he does it when he has to. In some ways, that is more impressive than winning bagels. But tough wins in a row has to be taxing. And this is the second half of two Masters stacked on top of each other. This IW/Miami double-win may be one of the toughest tricks on the tour these days. But if there is anyone who can pull it off, Djokovic is the guy.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm glad when this tourney is over. Novak needs to focus on the European clay season. Rafa and federer are already practicing on the dirt and getting their batteries charged.

Novak in 2. Final is on Saturday I hope?

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
If Isner plays like he did against Djokovic in IW this year, the end result will be more or less the same, but this is not the case since he is playing visibly better, and I expect him to push Djoker very far and beat him in 3 tight sets.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Slower surface in Miami though it does seem to kick higher which makes Isner's 2nd serve more deadly. I think Djokovic wins in 2, maybe 3. He looked really good last night from 2-4 in the 1st set to the end of the match. Ferrer continues to defy all logic when it comes to his aging.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Slower surface in Miami though it does seem to kick higher which makes Isner's 2nd serve more deadly. I think Djokovic wins in 2, maybe 3. He looked really good last night from 2-4 in the 1st set to the end of the match. Ferrer continues to defy all logic when it comes to his aging.

Novak is one of the few who can make the ferret look gassed. I bet you enjoyed seeing it. Still Ferrer's recovery rate is so quick, he makes the energizer rabbit look lethargic.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I do enjoy seeing the Ferret get destroyed. He was badly outplayed from 4-2 up in the 1st yet he still hung around. I don't think he was gassed even at the end.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I can't stand when these two play, because it's the one time I have to root for Isner. That said, I think Djokovic wins in three, with at least two sets going to tiebreaks.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
I can't stand when these two play, because it's the one time I have to root for Isner. That said, I think Djokovic wins in three, with at least two sets going to tiebreaks.

:snicker Does that mean you always root against Novak?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Isner needs to win it in two sets to win it (perhaps the first one with one break with 0/1 for Novak and 0/0 for Isner on breakpoints saved and the second one on a TB). . If it goes to third set, he will get bagelled, which seems to be the current trend of Novak.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I do enjoy seeing the Ferret get destroyed. He was badly outplayed from 4-2 up in the 1st yet he still hung around. I don't think he was gassed even at the end.

He was gassed after maybe half a dozen different points, but he'd be back up and bouncing around before too long. It's difficult to believe possible at 33.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Look no further than Justin Gatlin as regards what is possible at an advanced age these days. :s:cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak leads 6-2 in H2H. Both of Isner's wins have come on hard courts in US. So, things are looking up for Isner, at least in theory. But, Novak still leads 3-2, even if we restrict the H2H to US hard courts.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
DarthFed said:

He was gassed after maybe half a dozen different points, but he'd be back up and bouncing around before too long. It's difficult to believe possible at 33.

Almost impossible to believe...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic seems to wisely have decided against a slow start against Isner.