Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
oh well a win is a win Rena...at least you sent the obnoxious crowd home

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
A two set match that went three hard sets because Serena panic attacks
I agree with you..:cry..she hasnt been very confident since Sascha left..complaing about her rackets..:popcorn.she should bring him back.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My goodness, poor Carla, I remember the last match they played against.....she is too small for Serena but I hope Carla will play like a GIANT, vamos Carla dear!!! :clap

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
tossip said:
Calvy said:
I agree with you..:cry..she hasnt been very confident since Sascha left..complaing about her rackets..:popcorn.she should bring him back.
You can't blame it all on Sasha.. I thought she played really well in AO. She did win the thing despite being ill

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well the good news for Serena is she can go into clay season with not much to defend where as Sharapova and Halep have quite a bit more to defend. She can make a nice lead for herself in the rankings with good results over the clay season.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
tossip said:
Calvy said:
You can't blame it all on Sasha.. I thought she played really well in AO. She did win the thing despite being ill

She's been having panic attacks in her matches for awhile now, typically that happen at slams, not tour events.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
That was one of those semifinals that feels more like a final. I don't think she'll have as much trouble on Saturday.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
tossip said:
Calvy said:
I am not blaming Sascha..:nono..I am saying it seems her rackets are not stringed right and appears to be complaining about them.I heard that Sascha used to have them stringed right.She is now making a lot of errors...something that she had stopped doing.She is winning by sheer guts..

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also as inconsistent as Serena has been in her play, she is still finding a way to win these matches. It hasn't been an easy season by any means, but she is getting it done. She is still undefeated for the season.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
oh well a win is a win Rena...at least you sent the obnoxious crowd home

In the second set Serena was clearly frustrated about her inability to break Simona. She then turned her attention to the Simona fans in the crowd and they started to get to her. The chair ump told her not to take Simona's fans personally and let him know when their cheers were too much.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
That was one of those semifinals that feels more like a final. I don't think she'll have as much trouble on Saturday.

I don't think she will too :cry :mad: :( but.......you never know :devil

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I see Serena is doing the Madrid-Rome combo after Miami. Good call I would say it gives her enough time to rest the knee of there is any residual issues.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
After agreeing to play IW, I figured she would bow out of FCC as that would be 3 weeks in a row.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
What confounds me about this match between Serena and Simona is the fact that Serena played amazing tennis for a set and 4-4 then..........I don't know what the heck happened. After holding at love for many of her service games in the second set she just lost focus and almost let the match slip away.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That goes back to what Calvy was saying. That she's been having panic attacks for awhile

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am sure her team was just as disturbed and will figure it out, so it doesn't happen again. Even she shouldn't fall to pieces that close to the end.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:

I now have several grey hairs because of this chica!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Was Richard there tonight? I didn't see him in the crowd