Mercedes Cup - Stuttgart ATP 250 - June 8-14

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
is anyone watching JJ - Brown? quite a match. and quite a few breaks for two big servers on grass. once again, Brown is going for his shots like there's no tomorrow.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I don't think many people assumed that Rosol is automatic. In my OP, I only listed Rosol as one of the possible opponent of Rafa in 2nd round.

While Rosol is not a consistent player on the tour with reasonable number of small titles, back to back wins etc, he had always been consistent performer against Rafa. Even in matches won by Rafa, such as in last year's Wimbledon, he did demonstrate that his previous shock win at Wimbledon is not a fluke and he does provide match up problems to Rafa.

Front spread that rumor, then everyone discussed that match-up, but it was jumping ahead.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Baghdatis has always been good on grass. It's just that he's super inconsistent. A bit of unfulfilled potential. I mean, not in terms of being a major winner or anything like that, but he should have done a little better than whatever it is he's done since the 2006 AO.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
pavlik89 said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8I_g606Zew[/video]

really glad to see that Tommy came back with a win.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15m9JI2oFg[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73t8MFh8qm4[/video]

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What excesive obsession someones have with Rosol, then why they don't have the same obsession with Stakhovsky? . Hey, it was just one match :nono

I always liked Baghdatis a lot and also his crowd which always were cheering like it was a DC
By the way I thought he was retired but I see he still is playing and no too bad :cool:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Baggy got married, so obviously he needs to do something to get him outta the house.

What time is the match tomorrow?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Feli/Rafa have won their first double match on grass

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/06/23/Stuttgart-Tuesday-Doubles-Nadal-Lopez.aspx

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Baggy got married, so obviously he needs to do something to get him outta the house.

What time is the match tomorrow?

I could have sworn I heard Bags was retiring! Every time I see him I'm shocked; still hanging in there! :p :puzzled :nono :angel:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
What excesive obsession someones have with Rosol, then why they don't have the same obsession with Stakhovsky? . Hey, it was just one match :nono

Well, both Rosol and Stakhovsky lost in the first round itself in Stuttguart. Augurs well for a Fedal final at Wimbledon this year. :lolz:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:

I always liked Baghdatis a lot and also his crowd which always were cheering like it was a DC
By the way I thought he was retired but I see he still is playing and no too bad :cool:

Don't forget Rosol was a botched volley away from 2 sets to love against Rafa last time they played which proves it was no fluke the time before.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Rafa and Feli were scheduled to play today their first doubles but Stepanek seems to be injured so the match was canceled

Rafa and Feli should be an excellent pairing for doubles, IMO

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

Don't forget Rosol was a botched volley away from 2 sets to love against Rafa last time they played which proves it was no fluke the time before.

Rosol was never a "fluke." He played an amazing match on that day, but what you can do in a day, and what you build a career on are two different things. Getting "close" against the elite guys, and getting it done are two different things. (Cue Fiero.) :angel:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

Nobody is saying that Rosol is a bad player, he is good and has good shots but far to be "The Boogeyman" for any player, you just have to check his results and titles

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

Well, both Rosol and Stakhovsky lost in the first round itself in Stuttguart. Augurs well for a Fedal final at Wimbledon this year. :lolz:

Well, hope both lose in the first round in Wimbledon too....Fedal will be safe then :lolz:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

Nobody is saying that Rosol is a bad player, he is good and has good shots but far to be "The Boogeyman" for any player, you just have to check his results and titles

Never claimed he was but he's one of these guys who plays his best against the top ranked players, in particular his power game is one which has given Nadal trouble on grass during the early rounds of Wimbledon for years and had he not missed that volley in the 2nd set tiebreak he'd have been up 2 sets to love.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:

To answer your question,Rafa isn't allowed to have a bad day at the office against someone like Rosol. O n this board Rafa could solve world peace, it wouldn't matters because of number 17 and their Beloved, it's the God's honest truth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

Never claimed he was but he's one of these guys who plays his best against the top ranked players, in particular his power game is one which has given Nadal trouble on grass during the early rounds of Wimbledon for years and had he not missed that volley in the 2nd set tiebreak he'd have been up 2 sets to love.

You mentioned twice that he was almost up two sets to love. Which isn't actually being up two sets to love, and it's still not a win, even if he had managed it. Poor Rosol really needs to work on his legacy.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHNh5PWYFAg[/video]