Indian Wells

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Denisovich said:
nehmeth said:
golds girl said:
Does Gulbis strike you as the type who used to argue with his nannies, housekeepers, chauffeurs etc. growing up?

Koenig was saying earlier that Gulbis is extremely polite off the court. That when you come to his table he stands up to greet you, unlike a lot of other young players that are completely self-absorbed. His words.

The guy has character, so I can still see him arguing with his nanny at age 4.
Yeah, those racquet destructions add character too. :snigger He holds and we're in another breaker.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
golds girl said:
Does Gulbis strike you as the type who used to argue with his nannies, housekeepers, chauffeurs etc. growing up?

Koenig was saying earlier that Gulbis is extremely polite off the court. That when you come to his table he stands up to greet you, unlike a lot of other young players that are completely self-absorbed. His words.

Interesting. Do you think that's a rich people thing...maybe I watch too much Downton Abbey :snigger

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gulbis gives himself a chance, but tough TB situation.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
nehmeth said:
golds girl said:

So is it right to just assume he had a nanny, and that his mother wasn't the one who raised him? Was it mentioned in his bio that he was raised by Nannies, Chauffeurs and Butlers? I'd like to see the link.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm thinking John squeezes this out. The only way Ern can take it is if he is completely aggressive and tries to draw John into net.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Denisovich said:
nehmeth said:
golds girl said:

So is it right to just assume he had a nanny, and that his mother wasn't the one who raised him? Was it mentioned in his bio that he was raised by Nannies, Chauffeurs and Butlers? I'd like to see the link.

Oh come on, I'm the last to hold it against him that the kid came from a rich family. Nothing wrong to refer to it situation-wise.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Ernie hits another double fault... is this the furthest he's been in a 1000?

Nope, his been in the semis at Rome I think.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Doh. This sucks copious amounts of donkey &*=k and Novak is gonna hate the semi opponent too.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tough loss, good clutch play there by Isner at the end. He lives for those tie-breaks.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Nole will step it up...he's not going to let there be a repeat of 2011

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
52% first serves was poor for Gulbis and lost him the match.