Howzat! - Cricket Talk

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kallis is definitely the best batsmen of the group under Sobers, but I'd keep Imran in my team ahead of him because I'm leaning toward an all rounder who's also a match winning strike bowler.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yes Imran khan is a strike bowler, he would have played just as a bowler for Pakistan.

whereas kallis is a first change after the opening bowlers have had 7 overs each type of bowler.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JLLB,

I was working under the following assumption on the composition of the GOAT XI team.

4 batsmen, 4 bowlers (2 pace and 1 off spin and 1 leg spin), 1 wicket keeper and
2 allrounders (1 medium pacer and 1 utility spinner).

Both me and BB gave our allrounder spots to Sobers and Imran. My question is
whether Kallis is good enough overthrow Imran and take his spot in the allrounder
category?

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
oh I missed that bit..

I want my goat team to be my 11, if its 2 all rounders i'm having kallis and sobers, but my team wont have the balance you want anyway,,i cannot do it like that I don't think.

leg spinner ?, that means warne. I want to pick warne but I won't because of his drugs ban, he took masking agents and had a 1yr ban (they let him off a 2yr ban cos he was good old warnie, he had this story about some slimming pills to make his face thin for his mum or something) pathetic he was probably doing a Lance Armstrong and was trying to hide it.

ok I should have done my drafts on paper instead of altering it on here as I go..so i'll complete it on paper then put my team up.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JLLB,

You are free to choose the make-up of the team also. You don't necessarily have to
follow the balance that I gave. That is a balance on which BB and I was able to agree
(although we could not agree on the actual selection).

I did not know that Shane Warne is in doping trouble. I thought he retired.
Didn't he? or did he retire because of drug bust? My cricket knowledge is going
out of date very fast.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^He was banned in 2002 or thereabouts for 1yr..stuart macgill played as a leg spinner instead and was very successful..

'warnie' was back as soon as his ban expired.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
wayyy heeyyyyyy :celeb: 2nd test soon to start..

its a drop in pitch :huh:..whatever that is, monty panasar is in the final eleven, aussie are the same I think.

that smug bozo Clarke just won the toss for aussie and they are batting.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Australia are now 56/1

I want England to win this match now

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yes typical, that fumble by carberry was an all time low..he had 2 goes at it.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
England paying for their over confidence :nono:nono With all that hype at home about being one of the greatest test sides of all time and crap :laydownlaughing

Its really come to bite them

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
:huh: :s :( :mad: :speechless: :cover

?????????????????????????????????????????? :puzzled :mad: :mad:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Not looking good for England, is it? And some of their old boys like Michael Vaughan and Geoffrey Boycott are questioning their bottle. Boycott also mentioned that some of the English players are treating test cricket like one-day internationals and don't have the patience or stamina to wait for a good ball.

Whether this is true or not, he makes a good distinction between how to bat in test cricket, which requires patience and stubbornness, and the virtues of the one-day game, which require haste and occasional risk-taking.

But either way, so far the Aussies look comfortable to regain the Ashes, and maybe do it with some style...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
:gross::gross::gross::gross::violins::gross::gross::gross::violins::gross:

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
the fourth test started today and Peterson got a lucky break right now . I think he should make the most of it

In other news we had one of the best test matches of recent times between India and South Africa . The second test starts today

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
horrible from England today and with that its 4-0 now in the series tomorrow :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
England haven't scored more than 400 runs in donkeys years. The whites as becomes ever more obvious the more they struggle.

Who's your man of the Ashes so far?

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
England haven't scored more than 400 runs in donkeys years. The whites as becomes ever more obvious the more they struggle.

Who's your man of the Ashes so far?

Mitchell Johnson for me . He was the real tormentor for England this series and the reason they struggled to score more than 300 even . I dont think they have touched 300 more than once in this series ;) Also Good quality pace bowling is really a joy to watch

In other news Jack Kallis retired from test cricket and he is tormenting us in his last ever test :s I hope we fight back tomorrow

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
south afica lose a test series for the first time in 5years, 1-2 to Australia, although s. Africa are still ranked world no1, decent crowds for this series exept this final day but SA were losing so home fans stayed away.

dale steyn done his hamstring in the first innings, after that I thought Australia should win..and they did, ryan harris (who put off more surgery to get through this series) mopped up with the last 2 wks,

taking his total to 103 wks in 24 tests @22.6 after not even making his test debut until he was 30yrs old.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 2
GameSetAndMath Other Sports 24