Gridiron - NFL/American Football Talk

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Let's kick this off... onside kick.

Who's your team and what do you expect from them this year?

I'm a Raiders fan, and don't expect a whole lot. We're going through a big rebuilding process. I think at very best we're an 8-8 team this year, but my prediction would be 6-10.

Was raised as an Eagles fan, but didn't like Andy Reid or Mr. Choke McNabb. Then they hired the dog lover Michael Vick. :( Hoping Coach Kelly can do some good.

I've been more a fan of Green Bay than any other team over the years, and always hope they do well.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Darth, what's your take on Matt Flynn?

He should do pretty well, he looked very good in the few games he played in Green Bay and he is plenty experienced. I am glad he is getting his chance finally. And at this point you know what you are getting out of Carson Palmer, injuries ruined him.

Looks like he might have lost the starter job already. They're looking at Pryor on Thursday.

Based on the pre-season, this year isn't gonna get better for the Raiders. I can't see a whole lot of improvement on last year's torrid season.

If they go 5-11 or less, I reckon Mark Davis will go after a Gruden return next year.

Didn't hear that about Flynn. That's too bad. The Raiders don't look good on paper, no doubt about that. But there are always some surprise teams. It'd help if McFadden ever stays healthy but that seems unlikely.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Darth, what's your take on Matt Flynn?

He should do pretty well, he looked very good in the few games he played in Green Bay and he is plenty experienced. I am glad he is getting his chance finally. And at this point you know what you are getting out of Carson Palmer, injuries ruined him.

Looks like he might have lost the starter job already. They're looking at Pryor on Thursday.

Based on the pre-season, this year isn't gonna get better for the Raiders. I can't see a whole lot of improvement on last year's torrid season.

If they go 5-11 or less, I reckon Mark Davis will go after a Gruden return next year.

Didn't hear that about Flynn. That's too bad. The Raiders don't look good on paper, no doubt about that. But there are always some surprise teams. It'd help if McFadden ever stays healthy but that seems unlikely.

They've binned the zone blocking scheme which they introduced last season and McFadden suffered with, so hopefully there will be improvement there.

A big loss though is Left tackle Jared Veldheer, who has looked solid. He's out for the season with torn triceps.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tim Tebow got cut by the Patriots.. Is that the end for Tim? Too bad nice kid

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
You'd expect somebody to take Tebow surely?

Nope BB, playing for the patriots is probably the tennis equalivent of Rafa chances at RG. The offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when he was the Denver head coach drafted Tim Tebow,. Josh convince Bill B and the entire Patriots staff to give them an opportunity for Tim to develop as a passing quarterback but he just doesn't have that skill set at the NFL level. He should go to the CFL and develop.

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Tonight is the night we have all been waiting for - NFL Kickoff! It's the Ravens @ Broncos, the rematch of last season's playoff overtime classic for the ages. Obviously the Ravens are tough to predict as they are approaching a huge rebuild without many SB heroes and some key players injured and out for the season. It's almost a new team with so many changes within the hierarchy and team dynamics. Meanwhile the Broncos will miss Von Miller for quite some time but added the great slot receiver Wes Welker to an already strong passing offense to give Peyton even more options. I am also curious about their RB prospect Montee Ball. In my opinion the Broncos had a great offseason, getting deeper in all aspects of the game. Who ya got? I go with the Broncos as 10+ favorites. As a team they are currently far ahead of the Ravens who will need some weeks till they really start to work, click and get going as a team.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Didi said:
Tonight is the night we have all been waiting for - NFL Kickoff! It's the Ravens @ Broncos, the rematch of last season's playoff overtime classic for the ages. Obviously the Ravens are tough to predict as they are approaching a huge rebuild without many SB heroes and some key players injured and out for the season. It's almost a new team with so many changes within the hierarchy and team dynamics. Meanwhile the Broncos will miss Von Miller for quite some time but added the great slot receiver Wes Welker to an already strong passing offense to give Peyton even more options. I am also curious about their RB prospect Montee Ball. In my opinion the Broncos had a great offseason, getting deeper in all aspects of the game. Who ya got? I go with the Broncos as 10+ favorites. As a team they are currently far ahead of the Ravens who will need some weeks till they really start to work, click and get going as a team.

I'm going with Denver. Talk about a revenge game if I've ever seen one. There have been a lot of SB winners in the past 15 years that really struggled the year after and some have even missed the playoffs. Given what's happened in Baltimore in the offseason I don't think it'd be a surprise at all if they miss the playoffs. The Broncos were 7.5 point favorites when I bet on the game, I am confident they win by 10+.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I created a weekly pick thread if anyone is interested in participating this year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518