Football (Soccer)

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Another issue I have with the Europa League is the nonsense that if you finish third in your Champions League group stage, you move on to the second round of the Europa League. Ermmm what? They're two different competitions. And I understand the logic: It improves the competition of the EL since there are always some big names that end up failing to qualify to the CL round of 32 (see Manchester United this year) but it's completely bogus.

Reactions: Federberg and Bert

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Yes agreed. Doing that really devalues the Europa League. There can be no prestige when losers can join later on in the competition. It's ridiculous. Can't have been sportsmen who sanctioned that

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
European Cups scenarios for english teams :

upload_2016-4-15_22-24-20.png

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's an amazing story I have to say. A bit disappointed that my team couldn't do it, but as a fan of sports, I'm super happy for them. Anyway I think this sets us up to compete with the Arsenals and Man Utd's in the coming years. Once we have that stadium built watch out!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Liverpool and Sevilla qualify for the Europa League Final.

Which will be held in a stadium with a capacity of 38,000 (Basel, Switzerland)... Not sure why they picked such a small ground to host it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bocelli became blind after a football accident - brain hemorrhage when hit in the face aged 12.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
They played last round of Serbian SuperLiga and by far the best team was Zvezda ( aka Red Star). Before the match, fans had a message which is: Kosovo is Serbia; FIFA and UEFA - mafia! And related to that: "Which is the next member of FIFA? ISIS?"

Before the match, two Zvezda's strikers were equal leading the League's list with 20 goals each, Aleksandar Katai and Hugo Vieira. But Katai scored an attractive goal in the match and won a title of the best goalscorer this season:

Highlights, Grujic #8 is a Liverpool's player

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Was hoping for Athletico to pull it off, but c'est la vie. Didn't watch it, but Real were ruthless in the penalty shoot out.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lionel Messi sentenced to 21 months for tax fraud...

Although, in accordance with Spanish law, any sentence under 2 years can be suspended, so unlikely to serve jail time.