Federer's Schedule for 2017

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
I heard Roger is playing at IPTL for the Indian franchise. Any confirmation guys?

Sent from my Titanium Octane using Tapatalk

Neither Roger nor any other member of Big four is playing in circus this either. Next year, it is expected that India will "buy" Roger from UAE and Roger will play for the Indian Aces for the "last time" in his career.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
shivashish said:
I heard Roger is playing at IPTL for the Indian franchise. Any confirmation guys?

In normal circumstances, I'd say what an idiot! Since he's been off for so long, maybe it'll do him good! So far, all I've seen posted that none of the Big 4 are playing due to appearance money not offered! Players are $$ HO's! They'll never have enough even though they couldn't spend it in several lifetimes! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Fed is ranked #16 right now. But, he will lose 150 points from Brisbane before AO. He won't be adding any points as Hopman cup is an ITF event. So, Fed will not even be a top 16 seed when AO rolls around.

If he cared about his possible Aussie Open ranking, then he'd have played Doha, Brisbane or Chennai.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would say that Federer's ranking could be a blessing in a disguise for him. He could play freely and surprise a lot of players. In addition, players would not want to play Federer in the Round of 16...

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Is Roger is 100%, he is a force to reckon with at slams. It will be great to see him glide on the courts again. [WHITE SMILING FACE] All fed fans are eager to see him go again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
I would say that Federer's ranking could be a blessing in a disguise for him. He could play freely and surprise a lot of players. In addition, players would not want to play Federer in the Round of 16...

Players DONT want to face Roger at any ROUND including Rafa these days( I thought I would Never say that about Rafa)

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
If would be great if we got to see some good Fedal matches next year. Roger can draw Nadal as early as round of 32 at the Oz open and thereafter, atleast in the round of 16 till before Wimbledon.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The Magician, Fabrice Santoro, has expressed an interest in coaching Federer. I think he may have useful tips to offer Fed. However, usually unsolicited offers for coaching don't go anywhere (just ask JMac who offered to coach Fed few years ago).

Magician is very good at detecting the weaknesses of unknown players in real time play and then exploiting the weaknesses of the opponents to his advantage. Fed's game is usually not worrying too much about the opponent and just executing his aggressive game plan. So, Magician's point of view will be a good complement to Fed's thinking and I think it will help him.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
The Magician, Fabrice Santoro, has expressed an interest in coaching Federer. I think he may have useful tips to offer Fed. However, usually unsolicited offers for coaching don't go anywhere (just ask JMac who offered to coach Fed few years ago).

Magician is very good at detecting the weaknesses of unknown players in real time play and then exploiting the weaknesses of the opponents to his advantage. Fed's game is usually not worrying too much about the opponent and just executing his aggressive game plan. So, Magician's point of view will be a good complement to Fed's thinking and I think it will help him.

Ljubo left ? I thought he was Federer's coach ???

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Officially, Luthi is his head coach and Ljubo is still on the team. This is Santoro making a statement all by himself and there is no comment or response from Fed's team.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'll say it before one of the Fed-haters does: Maybe Santoro wants to help him become a perennial mediocrity? ;) Perhaps Hewitt should join the team as well?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
I'll say it before one of the Fed-haters does: Maybe Santoro wants to help him become a perennial mediocrity? ;) Perhaps Hewitt should join the team as well?

You can say the same thing with Ljubo as well. You don't have to have personal playing achievements in tennis to be a good coach.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
El Dude said:

You can say the same thing with Ljubo as well. You don't have to have personal playing achievements in tennis to be a good coach.

I don't recall Magnus Norman wasn't a major title winner

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Has Roger released his schedule yet?

No, he has not released his schedule. He has said his plans for the early part of the season. That includes Hopman Cup, AO, Dubai and Indian Wells. It is unlikely that he will release his later schedule until these four tournaments are over and he gets a sense of where his body and form are at.

Actually, only Roger used to release his full schedule before the year begins, as he plans these things carefully. The other players including other members of big four, never release the full schedule like that even when they were healthy. At best, they release their schedule in parts covering each swing of the season. At worst, it is completely ad-hoc.

Of course, there is no rule by ATP or ITF that players release their schedule. Basically, one needs to sign up for a (non-mandatory) tournament six weeks before the tournament begins and so, no player is really obligated to announce their intentions to play in a specific tournament more than six weeks before the tourney.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Santoro's one of the contender to become Fed Cup's captain (the other one is Pierce) I guess he can't coach both Federer and Fed Cup's girls ???

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't have heavy expectations for Fed at AO. I am of the opinion that how he performs in Dubai will foretell much better as to how 2017 will pan out for Fed.

1. If he loses to anyone other than a member of big four at Dubai, he probably won't win any significant title in 2017.

2. If he loses only to a member of big four at Dubai (independent of at what round the loss may happen), I will still hold hopes for a decent 2017.

3. If he wins Dubai, that would mean Fed has got his mojo back and will have very good chances at venues such as Halle, Wimbledon, Cincy & Basel and some reasonable chance at venues such as IW, USO and O2.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I don't have heavy expectations for Fed at AO. I am of the opinion that how he performs in Dubai will foretell much better as to how 2017 will pan out for Fed.

1. If he loses to anyone other than a member of big four at Dubai, he probably won't win any significant title in 2017.

2. If he loses only to a member of big four at Dubai (independent of at what round the loss may happen), I will still hold hopes for a decent 2017.

3. If he wins Dubai, that would mean Fed has got his mojo back and will have very good chances at venues such as Halle, Wimbledon, Cincy & Basel and some reasonable chance at venues such as IW, USO and O2.

Are you saying if Fed doesn't make the semis at Dubai, he has a little hope at the grand slams including SW19 which are still over 6 months away ?