Federer's Schedule for 2017

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
He has not announced his schedule yet. But, this may mean that he is playing both North American Masters before USO, for starters.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope he doesn't play both. Cincy is good enough especially if he's coming off a Wimbledon title as we hope!

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
PS: Did his children cut his hair?

I actually think it looks good. Then again I also think he wouldn't be going bald if he didn't run his fingers through it and play with it all the time. When it's gone - he's going to need a new bad habit. Maybe he can take up smoking...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope he doesn't play both. Cincy is good enough especially if he's coming off a Wimbledon title as we hope!

I think he will confine to only Cincy, if he wins Wimby. Otherwise, he may do both. Doing both is not bad unless he goes deep in both of them.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

I take back my previous thoughts on this issue.

If he wins Wimbledon and Rafa flames out early, then Roger will be trailing Rafa by just 500 points in the race and suddenly #1 ranking will be within reach. Hence, he will probably try to play both NA masters and full schedule (but not itsy bitsy tourneys) after that.

On the other hand, if he does not win Wimbledon, he won't be in the running for #1 and so it won't be important to play many tourneys. To give himself extra chances at winning another GS at USO, he might confine the warm-up tourney to just Cincy, in this case.