Federer's Schedule for 2016

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He might have a difficult road ahead if he can't defend his points with Nadal finding some consistency, Djokovic being who he is, and players like Kyrgios and others on the rise, he might find it difficult if he encounters them too early to make runs at the important events if his ranking dips below 4.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sundaymorningguy said:
He might have a difficult road ahead if he can't defend his points with Nadal finding some consistency, Djokovic being who he is, and players like Kyrgios and others on the rise, he might find it difficult if he encounters them too early to make runs at the important events if his ranking dips below 4.

A shame it seems to be taking an injury and old age to finally get someone else up there in the top of the rankings! A real shame! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well I didn't put Murray in that equation as Roger can usually expect Murray to bend over and take it.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

A shame it seems to be taking an injury and old age to finally get someone else up there in the top of the rankings! A real shame! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

Like I said in the Kyrgios thread, I don't feel like he and players in his position are making the necessary adjustments to make it to the next level. Kyrgios has won a few titles, but has he asked himself what do I need to do to get to the semis and finals of the bigger events probably not which is why he will be forever a spoiler at the moment and not a contender same with players like Thiem, Zverev, and the likes. Once you have some good results and key wins, you need to ask yourself how can I do better do I have the team that I need, what about my fitness, what can I add to my game?

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So next tourney could be Stuttgart if his back is OK

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Do we think Federer is going to be fit and match ready by Wimbledon or should he realistically put his focus on the Olympics and US Open?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Do we think Federer is going to be fit and match ready by Wimbledon or should he realistically put his focus on the Olympics and US Open?

I think he will be ready for Wimbledon. However, I would not be surprised if he gets upset in at least one of the warm-ups. Hope he goes deep so that he gets much needed match practice.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
He's fit now or he wouldn't play Stuttgart and jeopardize Wimbledon and the rest of the season.

https://twitter.com/rogerfederer/status/736185440483586048?lang=en

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Roger's agent Tony Godsik announces that Roger did not get hurt in the Wimbledon fall . :angel:

Roger's schedule for the summer hard court season is as follows:
  1. Toronto
  2. Olympics
  3. Cincinnati
  4. USO

You have to be kidding me? 3 weeks of tennis before the USO? Yeah, good luck with that. He really wants to hold onto #17 and the number 3 ranking, it would seem.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Puppet Master said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Roger's agent Tony Godsik announces that Roger did not get hurt in the Wimbledon fall . :angel:

Roger's schedule for the summer hard court season is as follows:
  1. Toronto
  2. Olympics
  3. Cincinnati
  4. USO

You have to be kidding me? 3 weeks of tennis before the USO? Yeah, good luck with that. He really wants to hold onto #17 and the number 3 ranking, it would seem.

How much rest does he need after being off the court for weeks and months? I know it'll be tough at Fed's advanced age, but he wouldn't do it unless he "thinks" he can manage it! :puzzled :nono :angel: :rolleyes: :cover

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
To be honest I'd rather he skip the Olympics. I know he doesn't have a Gold, but I'd rather see him in good health for the USO. His best chance of winning a tournament is Cincy so he won't skip that, and Toronto is first, so the Olympics makes the most sense. I just don't think he should over-value having a Gold medal...actually, he already has one for doubles.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
zero chance of that..fed can't wait for the Olympics and will happily play singles/doubles/mixed.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
zero chance of that..fed can't wait for the Olympics and will happily play singles/doubles/mixed.

I hope he sticks to singles and mixed doubles only. There is no point in playing men's doubles as he already has a gold in it. Besides, playing in three events over the course of eight days is not a good idea and would probably lead to not doing well in anything.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just don't see Federer skipping Olympics just because of his pride. If he wanted to skip Olympics, he would've announced already.

Personally, I don't mind him playing Olympics. He knows that this will be his last Olympics so why not enjoy while he can.

I do agree with GSM that I think Federer should not play doubles. I think playing 3 events in a span of 10 days will be tough on his body. It will be interesting to see on how well he will do in the Olympics.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude said:
To be honest I'd rather he skip the Olympics. I know he doesn't have a Gold, but I'd rather see him in good health for the USO. His best chance of winning a tournament is Cincy so he won't skip that, and Toronto is first, so the Olympics makes the most sense. I just don't think he should over-value having a Gold medal...actually, he already has one for doubles.

if there's one event to play it's OG...he can skip Toronto or Cincy, but not the most important compétition of the year, probably his last OG and maybe a medal in mixed or doubles ???

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
El Dude said:

if there's one event to play it's OG...he can skip Toronto or Cincy, but not the most important compétition of the year, probably his last OG and maybe a medal in mixed or doubles ???

The Olympics isn't the most important competition of the year... :nono