Federer's Schedule for 2014

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Seems as if Nadal's the only one that willingly skips a major among the top tier of players!

When did Rafa "willingly" skip a major?

2000 Wimbledon. I heard he didn't even try to enter, and he has never bothered to explain why he skipped this event.

Maybe 'cos he was 13/14 years old and couldn't get time off school lol?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Riotbeard said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Seems as if Nadal's the only one that willingly skips a major among the top tier of players!

2000 Wimbledon. I heard he didn't even try to enter, and he has never bothered to explain why he skipped this event.

That is not a valid excuse as Wimbledon happens during summer vacation for school.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:
Riotbeard said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

That is not a valid excuse as Wimbledon happens during summer vacation for school.

:laydownlaughing :lolz: :laydownlaughing :lolz: :clap :angel:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Incidentally the time we're speaking of when he was 13/14 was the last time Gasquet beat Nadal. Funny how things turn out.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
its going to be interesting to see what tourneys he wants to enter, he can suit himself completely (can he??) owing to age/years on tour/600 match wins. (??)

his 21st century media platforms offer no idea so far apart from some rf baseball hats his 'people' are trying to flog :s on his farcebook page.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
its going to be interesting to see what tourneys he wants to enter, he can suit himself completely (can he??) owing to age/years on tour/600 match wins. (??)

his 21st century media platforms offer no idea so far apart from some rf baseball hats his 'people' are trying to flog :s on his farcebook page.

Yes, he can skip any number of mandatory ATP1000 tourneys as he pleases without
any additional penalty other than getting a 0 in those mandatory events. I believe he will
skip at least one and at most two mandatory ATP 1000 events. Most probably the Miami
one, as there is some sort of dispute with IMG. I think he will miss only one in a
planned manner. The other miss will happen on the fly during the year.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It is December and yet Team Fed has not announced his schedule. This is the first
time they have taken this long to announce since he started announcing his schedule
publicly.

It looks like the team Fed is facing the same problem with respect to his schedule
that we discussed in this thread (On the one hand it is desirable to get into top 4
before Wimby and on the other hand attempting to do so will be so tiresome that
he may be exhausted when Wimby comes around; added to that is the problem
posed by Davis Cup with hopes increasing due to Stan's elevated stature).

When will they announce?

Will they even bother to announce? May be they will take it on the fly this year.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
He still has to announce who's on Team Fed before Team Fed can announce his schedule! :( :wave :devil

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
He was waiting to see where Nadal was playing , so he can avoi.....nahhhh

;):cool:

I hardly think Fed thinks anything of it! He's full of himself thinking that at his age and being a step slow that he can still win a match against Nadal! It's getting to be embarrassing even on HC and carpet! That wagging his finger after stopping Nole's unbeaten streak at '11 FO semi was more than a little premature! Did he really think it would make a difference in the final against Rafa? That was one less chance for Nole to get another victory and finish his career GS! Roger better start out hot next year or I see a "Sampras slide" where more and more players we don't even know are "taking out" the GOAT in earlier and earlier rounds! :cry :( :nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
He was waiting to see where Nadal was playing , so he can avoi.....nahhhh

;):cool:

aghast ye..thy will be stuck downeth for thy evil thoughts :emperor: :grin:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer is still alive. ;)
Federer spotted practicing in Dubai.
Further details missing.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
oh yes..what size twig will he be flourishing next year ?..

....the plot thickens. :plot

bobvance

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
1972Murat said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Further details missing.

Practicing with what stick????

Hopefully he didn't downgrade to an 85-incher. Seriously, I don't get why he insists on competing with such an old racquet at this stage.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
bobvance said:
1972Murat said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Further details missing.

Practicing with what stick????

Hopefully he didn't downgrade to an 85-incher. Seriously, I don't get why he insists on competing with such an old racquet at this stage.

Me either. It is foolish to look at it and say why switch when it has won him 17 slams. Totally different player at this point so he should be looking for any way to combat the decline. Power, especially on the backhand, was a major issue last year. He ain't beating anyone good in a war of attrition from the baseline now, best end points quickly.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Federer is stubborn and a bit delusional, :s

remember last summer when he said he'd beat a 2007 version of himself, :huh:..DON'T THINK SO.

maybe that was the friction with annacone ?,

"roger..you gotta go big with your stick, time to ditch that 90".
"b but I've been winning with this for years already you know"
"yeah but that was when you were quick n sharp enough to always be in position to strike"
"w wait are you saying i'm past my prime ?"
"uhh huh yeah I guess"
"waaaah..im still great, everyone on my facebook page says so. you're fired"
"see you around shankface""

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know what stick he is planning to use. But, I do hope he commits to the
larger head size racquet and sticks to it. This off-season is a good time to make
this kind of switches. Even if he does not want to go all the way to 100 inches,
perhaps, he should move to a 95 inch one at least.

The only thing I learnt is that Fed, Mirka and the Kids spent couple of weeks
vacationing in Maldives. They then went to Dubai and he is practicing there now.
He posted a picture of himself driving to practice in twitter.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
There is a rumor floating around that Roger may be hiring Gasquet's ex-coach (who
dumped Gasquet during WTF). There are no reliable sources here and so take it with a
grain of salt.

"According to some reports in the media, Riccardo Piatti, who dumped Richard Gasquet during the ATP World Tour Finals in London, could be joining the coaching team of Roger Federer.

Piatti dumped Gasquet just before he played his final league match in London last week. He had been working with Gasquet for more than two years.

Federer's team currently consists of coach Severin Luthi, Yves Allegro, fitness trainer Pierre Paganini and physio Stéphane Vivier.

Luthi also works with Stanislas Wawrinka at times and is the Swiss Davis Cup captain so it is possible that Piatti could help out with the coaching situation in Federer's team.

Federer had split with Paula Annacone a couple of months ago after working with the American for three years."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------