Federer's Schedule for 2014

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed's agent Godsik confirms that Federer plans on playing in RG. According to
Godsik, as far as other tournaments before RG are concerned Federer will take it
"a day at a time".

I guess, this means they are not ruling out Fed possibly playing in Rome.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Interestingly, the root name for both Leo and Lenny is Leonard. I didn't think they'd start to run out of names after just two sets of twins... :snigger

I thought the same thing. I like the name Leo, but I hope Lenny has a "proper" name. Or at least a good middle name to fall back on. :angel:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
hahaha! Roger Roger. You are so blessed. Will he get the snip now? He's got the full complement :D

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger's next set of twins should be called Ralph and Rafa.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Roger clearly has some magic seed to rival his tennis game! Congrats to them both.

Correction - It's Mirka the one who's kicking ass and taking names. Did someone skip basic biology? There's no word yet on whether the twins are fraternal or identical, but medically speaking - on average women ovulate 1 egg every cycle\month. A woman has to ovulate 2 eggs for fraternal twins. You can see where Roger would have nothing do with this, right? LOL! For identical twins the egg divides in utero - again, this is up to the woman's genetic predisposition to produce twins. Roger's got mad skillz but in this instance his main contribution is the sex of the children - because it's the man's genetics that determine the sex of a baby. Otherwise this was all Mirka's doing. So please, let's give Mirka some R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Don't make me bust out the 'Retha...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Roger's next set of twins should be called Ralph and Rafa.

I read some place they'll be called "Knees" and "Back"... ;)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
For lack of better place, I am posting this message here. There is a 17 year old Swiss girl
by name Belinda Bencic who broke into top 100 of WTA recently. Hopefully she can make it
to top 30 and improve her game in a couple of years.

I do see Roger playing mixed doubles with her in 2016 Olympics. Roger can probably
skip the men's doubles event in 2016 Olympics given that he already has a gold in it.
I say go for gold in both SIngles and Mixed in 2016.

Keep a watch on Belinda guys.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^Try poasting in the WTA section..seeing as she is a woman. and also she is not Federer.

no-one wants to hear about irrelevant random news in a Federer thread that is non Federer and even the wrong sex.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
^^Try poasting in the WTA section..seeing as she is a woman. and also she is not Federer.

no-one wants to hear about irrelevant random news in a Federer thread that is non Federer and even the wrong sex.

This is neither irrelevant nor random. In 2012 Olympics, Fed actually wanted to
play in Mixed. More than an year before the Olympics, he sent out feelers to Martina
Hingis to see whether she would be interested in making a come back and playing
mixed in Olympics with him. However, Martina Hingis declined the offer. The Swiss
WTA players available for him to mix it up are very limited and very poor quality.
Hence, the rise of Belinda (and that too a 17 year old Belinda) should be a welcome
news for Fed. In two more years, she will only get physically stronger and mentally
tougher. If Andy can win a medal with Laura, why not Fed with Belinda?

p.s. Mods, feel free to cross post and/or move the last two messages to WTA forum
as apporpriate. Just did not want to start a whole new thread just for this small
item.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
she is still a woman and there is a wta news page. and this is the mens section.

unless we all can poast what we want where ever we want. if so..then great.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
she is still a woman and there is a wta news page. and this is the mens section.

unless we all can poast what we want where ever we want. if so..then great.

Mixed doubles belong to both ATP forums and WTA forums and not just to WTA forums.;)

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
My husband is in London June 24-26 and wants to see Federer. Can someone tell me whether he always plays center court? Are three days required to assure a match or are two days enough? In other words, is round one played in two days or it is spread out to three days? Any insights would be most appreciated.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
10sfan said:
My husband is in London June 24-26 and wants to see Federer. Can someone tell me whether he always plays center court? Are three days required to assure a match or are two days enough? In other words, is round one played in two days or it is spread out to three days? Any insights would be most appreciated.

Round 1 is played over just two days in Wimbledon. Federer no longer is guaranteed to get
centre court for every match. But, It is highly likely (virtually certain) that he will get the centre
court in the first round.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
10sfan said:

Round 1 is played over just two days in Wimbledon. Federer no longer is guaranteed to get
centre court for every match. But, It is highly likely (virtually certain) that he will get the centre

That's true, though beware the imps of Wimbo: they once put Sampras out on court 2... :nono

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
10sfan said:

That's true, though beware the imps of Wimbo: they once put Sampras out on court 2... :nono

I'd bet my house they won't put Federer anywhere but centre court.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
10sfan said:

I'd bet my house they won't put Federer anywhere but centre court.

It would be only right, to my mind: centre or number 1 court are where he should be...