Fed Fans – Roger Federer Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I look forward to feeling that way about Rafa ;-)

I jest. I never "hated" Rafa, just feared him during Slam time and pooped a little every time the draw opened up for a match vs. Roger.
It’s a horrible feeling, isn’t it? We have all those great matches to look back on forever when they’re all gone..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the correct way to play against Novak. Make him uncomfortable and move him away from his point of ultimate control, the baseline rallies area .Bring Novak to his danger zone , the Front Court

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the correct way to play against Novak. Make him uncomfortable and move him away from his point of ultimate control, the baseline rallies area .Bring Novak to his danger zone , the Front Court

It’s great actually watching videos of Roger. Obviously I didn’t fully appreciate him when he was playing..

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Even after retirement, Fed's legacy continues to grow. With Hurkacz's win in Shanghai, Fed's last loss doesn't seem so bad now.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s great actually watching videos of Roger. Obviously I didn’t fully appreciate him when he was playing..
Same here ..I didn't fully appreciate Roger's brilliance until the later few years .I think the ONLY thing I held against Roger was the AO 2017 title..the MTO in the 5 set , I felt Roger was BETTER than that.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Same here ..I didn't fully appreciate Roger's brilliance until the later few years .I think the ONLY thing I held against Roger was the AO 2017 title..the MTO in the 5 set , I felt Roger was BETTER than that.
Yeah, same here. But you know, watching clips of him it’s easy to appreciate his skills, they really were off the scales…

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ahhh yes I remember, the amazing Federer with his beautiful tennis and skills... :clap:
And the incredible Nadal with his unbelievable shot making and tactics... :rose:
Yep... tennis was indeed so great before Pushovic... :yawningface::negative:

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Twenty years ago today, Roger Federer won his the 2004 Australian Open (for his 2nd slam) and rose to #1 in the world rankings for the first time:

Reactions: Fiero425

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was before I started getting back into tennis as I was about to turn 40 years of age. I first saw Federer (who everyone was talking about) in his come back from two sets down to the other rising star of the time--Rafael Nadal--in the 2005 Lipton Championship match back when Masters finals were best of five sets. I saw it whilst in Georgia attending a wedding recuperating from the prior evening and Sunday morning feast with mimosas and whatnot. I was amazed at both players. I started hitting the tennis ball again shortly thereafter and still play as much as I can as I close in on 60!