Fed fans - When Roger's out of action who do you root for?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Father Time doesn't wait for anyone including the great Swiss Maestro. Missing the French and Australian Opens are just a taster of what's to come... Less Fed and then, No Fed.

So, who is the next horse you back? In the present and/or the future?

Personally, I'm loving Thiem and Zverev from the crop of young guns beginning to emerge. Every Fed fan should really like Thiem... he's the only single backhander from the emerging stars, he's got a all-court all-round game that's easy on the eye.

I'm a big fan of Alexander "Sascha" Zverev too. He doesn't play anything like Fed, more like a hybrid Guga/Safin except he's got a lot of growing to do into that big 6' 6" frame. He has huge potential.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
As a whole, I'm rooting for the young guys to step up - and Zverev is probably my favorite, although I also like Fritz. There are a few others who for whatever reason I have taken a particular liking to: Andrey Rublev and Mikael Ymer, and maybe a couple others. I also can't wait to see how Aliassime develops, as he is enormously talented.

On a match-by-match basis, I generally root for the underdog.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
got to root for Tsitsipas both for game style and heritage. I still am not seeing the next great thing when I watch him though. This may end up being another lost generation.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
got to root for Tsitsipas both for game style and heritage. I still am not seeing the next great thing when I watch him though. This may end up being another lost generation.
I don't think the next gen can be a lost generation... even if only because of the ages of the Big 3 and Murray's impendong retirement. There will be a vacuum and it will be filled.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Still shopping for my next favorite. I tried to like Zverev but can't quite fall in love with the bratty German. I like Rublev a lot, but don't expect him to be more than a fun and dangerous second tier type, and maybe not even that. I've flirted with Shapo, but he kind of annoys me in the dumb surfer dude sort of way. Others in contention are Tsitsipas and Aliassime.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Right now I am with Tsitsipas, but I am keen on Zeverev and Chung too. I hope I can see more matches between Tsitsipas and Zverev, so that I can make up my mind. Obviously, I want to support someone that will win regularly.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am just curious. Why do Greek names sound like plurals? The names are quite musical and some are toungue twisters.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Not having many strong favorites except Thiem(doesn't do well on 2/3 surfaces) and some mid-tier guys.
I kinda back Zverev but his slam play is not fun to watch.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Bublik. If you haven’t seen him, watch not as a future major winner, but for the entertainment value

Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
noone right now. I actually lost all interest and stopped watching the Open live after he lost and with the aid of my Fox box IQ2 golden oldie, taped the remaining matches so have started to watch these yesterday and today (Sunday) along with the Ashes cricket.