Early Grass Talk - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Note that Flink says that the court can play like a HC, not a clay court, in the second week. That's something Feddies push heavy on. I know you're always looking for a Nadal loss, but are you really that worried about him? If Federer is so great on grass, and Nadal so crap on it, (per Darth,) I'm surprised that you bother with him, at all. Are you not more worried about Djokovic?

Also Moxie, there's a chance Federer and Djokovic could meet in the Wimbledon semifinals if Federer does not win Halle.

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Note that Flink says that the court can play like a HC, not a clay court, in the second week. That's something Feddies push heavy on. I know you're always looking for a Nadal loss, but are you really that worried about him? If Federer is so great on grass, and Nadal so crap on it, (per Darth,) I'm surprised that you bother with him, at all. Are you not more worried about Djokovic?

I am not worried about Nadal beating Federer at this year's Wimby. Yes, I am certainly worried about Novak possibly beating Fed.

But, Fed could be upset by a big server too early and Ralph might get a path to trophy that does not go through Fed. This is
the nightmare scenario. In this case diff will become 1 and then Ralph is sure to pass by tacking couple more dirty trophies.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

The court plays like trash is the point. It's a big part of the reason Fed has been awful at the business end of that slam.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Also Moxie, there's a chance Federer and Djokovic could meet in the Wimbledon semifinals if Federer does not win Halle.

Hopefully not, Nadal has gotten enough joke draws at recent majors. Since Roger is set on playing Halle he will probably win it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hopefully not, Nadal has gotten enough joke draws at recent majors. Since Roger is set on playing Halle he will probably win it.
Wow, now you sound like Monfed...you happy about that?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
dull will be hard to stop if he reaches the second week.

faker got very lucky with the open roof otherwise dull would've taken him down in 4 sets.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

faker got very lucky with the open roof otherwise dull would've taken him down in 4 sets.
Nope.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Nadal's draw and the weather made it a total dream for him last year at Wimbledon and he still lost to a pretty terrible version of Novak.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal's draw and the weather made it a total dream for him last year at Wimbledon and he still lost to a pretty terrible version of Novak.

If no roof, dull would've beaten faker to a pulp. dull is useless under the roof. No bounce no Nadull.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If no roof, dull would've beaten faker to a pulp. dull is useless under the roof. No bounce no Nadull.

And if Novak was playing well at the time the roof wouldn't have mattered. Any decent version of Novak off clay takes Nadal to the woodshed. We've seen enough examples of that the past 8 years.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal could very well beat Federer at Wimbledon considering the run of form he is in. But. That's only a possibility not a certainty. Federer is going to be tougher.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal could very well beat Federer at Wimbledon considering the run of form he is in. But. That's only a possibility not a certainty. Federer is going to be tougher.

I will be frank, if Roger loses again to that grass court scrub it will be time to hang up the racquet.

Reactions: Shivashish Sarkar

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
And if Novak was playing well at the time the roof wouldn't have mattered. Any decent version of Novak off clay takes Nadal to the woodshed. We've seen enough examples of that the past 8 years.

faker may enter another 2017 type slump after this RG defeat. Anyway, Cant depend on faker all the time to save tennis. It is high time others step up.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, Sasha and Perseus, a couple of leading pretenders at Wimby cannot even reach QF in 250 grass tourneys of this week.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Talking about the grasscourts, it’s always fun to see the players flopping about at the first grass tourney they’ve had in a year. You can almost see their brains churning “ it’s grass! Should I go to net? Hardcourts don’t get these bad bounces!”

Paraphrasing Colonel Kilgore: “ah I love the smell of flailing grass-court tennis in the morning...”

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.