Early AO 2019 thread

Are you able not to turn this thread into a Fedal war?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No, I love him so much, I can't, oh, I can...oooohh I am crying right now, fuck you damn bastards!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have a one track mind

• No, my goal in life is to turn everything in to a Fedal war

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I am one of them and I hate that motha focka

• No, I like to to be a pain in the ass and repeat the same thing 239487342 times

• No, I like to be added to "ignore" lists

• No, because he had mono

• No, because he had bad knees

• Maybe. I am still deciding if I am retarded or not.

• Total voters

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Quick overview of bad luck or injuries at the AO in the last 10 years:

2010 - injured against Murray Getting his arse kicked, retires like a good sport down 2 sets. Not like he ever did that before. No obvious impairment other than the score.
2011 - injured against Ferrer Cleans up in clay season of course. "For sure, I gonna try my best. Iz the true, no?"
2012 - unlucky because he was in control in 5th set, then wind makes him miss an easy shot Sure and the shot he missed wasn't even game point. Calm the fuck down.
2013 - withdraws, was favorite Let's get real here. He has a sore tummy (aww, poor little Wafa) 3 weeks before the AO began. His choice, rather dubious given the months of "I'm back, no I'm not really back we were subjected to in the latter half of 2012. Fact is, he was not injured and had a stomach virus. These don't last 3 weeks and he chose not to even try to play his way into form. 100% his choice
2014 - injured against Wawrinka This one is fair enough although no one knows how the match would have panned out, but he was losing before he got injured anyway, down a set and a break.
2017 - unlucky because he was in control in 5th set, then Federer plays stupid servebot tennis with his eyes closed and is lucky to land them Don't be any more of a tard than usual. He was lucky Federer let him off the hook and played shite for 2 sets, it should have been over in 3 sets and if you continue to claim Federer is a serve bot it makes you look even more stupid. Is that even possible?!
2018 - injured against Cilic That's what happens when you try and run down every ball like a headless chicken even when you have no chance of reaching it or winning the point. Cilic was kicking his arse from set 4 onwards anyway. Ironic when so many clowns call him a warrior that he retires quite often, usually while losing. Oh and don't forget the MTOs also, again, when losing. True gent he is. So before claiming h2h is why many Federer fans hate Nadal, think again, the fact that he's a cheating, time wasting, unsporting prick has much more to do with it. Real men and good sports finish matches and they don't get coaching from their good old uncle phoney all through the match. They work it out for themselves if things aren't going as planned.

Honestly, the only one he was genuinely unlucky in was 2014 and, even then, he was losing before he got injured.

Actually, these are 7 instances, add the 2009 AO win, and he should have 8 AOs. So you guys are right that it's not 7, it's actually 8! :good:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't feed the troll! Rafa with that game should have won barely anything off clay. Thank Roger for getting it started with his gifts at Wimbledon 08 and AO 09.
Nadalfan2013 is on a one-person mission to embarrass all the rest of Nadal fans by claiming every loss was due to injury. The rest of your post is trollish in its own way. ;)

Reactions: Fiero425

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A lot more embarrassing is to say that Roger lost Wimbledon 2008 and AO 2009 because he had ¨mono¨, come on!!!!!! :lulz2::cuckoo::finger:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A lot more embarrassing is to say that Roger lost Wimbledon 2008 and AO 2009 because he had ¨mono¨, come on!!!!!! :lulz2::cuckoo::finger:
Mostly no one says that...come on.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

What exactly is this "mono" you keep harping on about? Is it the same as mono?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Just checked the poll results and boy not a single honest person in the world these days....

Reactions: Chris Koziarz

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
[empty message]
This is in reply to this post, an empty quote, because you apparently did not say anything from yourself just modified the quote of NadalFan2013's messsage.
Even though I understand your intention and I like the meaning what you wanted to say, I disagree with the way you did it: by distorting NadalFan2013's message. This is a very bad practice. In strict sense, it gives an impression that you imply NadalFan2013 said something what in reality he did not say. So, you've distorted the reality, and very badly so. In emotional sense, NadalFan2013 feels (and I also feel with him) that you're disrespectfully mocking his speech. Would you for example, if we've been conversing orally, mock a disabled person, or a person speaking with defferent accent than yours? I hope not, otherwise I would think of you the same I think of a t-man who has been mocking a disabled reporter. What you've done to NadalFan2013 is precisely that: mocked his (written) speech.
We should be aware that by quoting someone we should be very careful and do not alter their words (eventually use sic and [] to insert our words inline when required for clarity), to avoid confusion and to not be accused of disrespect.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just checked the poll results and boy not a single honest person in the world these days....
I didn't vote, so I'm not culpable. Let's face it, there weren't that many good choices.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I didn't vote, so I'm not culpable. Let's face it, there weren't that many good choices.
You Nadal fans always get personal.

Enviado de meu MotoE2(4G-LTE) usando o Tapatalk

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I just took a quick look at AO odds. Novak is the overwhelming favorite. HIs chances are higher than that of Ralph, Roger and Sasha combined, but the field has higher chances than him. Here are the top dozen contenders for winning AO outright.

1. Novak 13/10 (43.47%)

HUGE Drop

2. Ralph 11/2 (15.38%)
3. Roger 13/2 (13.33%)
4. Sasha 10 (9.09%)

Large Drop

5. JMDP 25 (3.84%)
6. Cilic 27
7. Andy 30
8. Nick 30
9. Thiem 33
10. Khachanov 33
11. Kei 40
12. Stan 40 (2.43%)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I just took a quick look at AO odds. Novak is the overwhelming favorite. HIs chances are higher than that of Ralph, Roger and Sasha combined, but the field has higher chances than him. Here are the top dozen contenders for winning AO outright.

1. Novak 13/10 (43.47%)

HUGE Drop

2. Ralph 11/2 (15.38%)
3. Roger 13/2 (13.33%)
4. Sasha 10 (9.09%)

Large Drop

5. JMDP 25 (3.84%)
6. Cilic 27
7. Andy 30
8. Nick 30
9. Thiem 33
10. Khachanov 33
11. Kei 40
12. Stan 40 (2.43%)

Doesn't look too bad though I'd probably drop Sascha's chances a bit and boost up DP and Cilic a bit. Zverev has to prove he can get it done in majors. The YEC was a big time win but he has had plenty of success in BO3 tennis the past two years. Has yet to show us anything in BO5

Reactions: Fiero425

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
DP is not healthy yet, so big question mark on him.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hmmm, too early to know how each player will play. It will be so hot like last year? who will play at day or at night? :unsure:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Doesn't look too bad though I'd probably drop Sascha's chances a bit and boost up DP and Cilic a bit. Zverev has to prove he can get it done in majors. The YEC was a big time win but he has had plenty of success in BO3 tennis the past two years. Has yet to show us anything in BO5

Ya, I agree with you. Sasha has not even reached a slam final yet. He should not be rated that high.

I also agree that JMDP and Cilic should have better odds.

However, I would not put Andy, Stan, Kei and Thiem in top 12 players with chances of winning AO. Andy is coming back from injury and hard to imagine him winning a slam right away. Stan and Kei are also prone to injury bugs. Thiem sucks in hard courts.

I would probably put Tsitsipas and Coric ahead of the above four.

Reactions: DarthFed

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ya, I agree with you. Sasha has not even reached a slam final yet. He should not be rated that high.

I also agree that JMDP and Cilic should have better odds.

However, I would not put Andy, Stan, Kei and Thiem in top 12 players with chances of winning AO. Andy is coming back from injury and hard to imagine him winning a slam right away. Stan and Kei are also prone to injury bugs. Thiem sucks in hard courts.

I would probably put Tsitsipas and Coric ahead of the above four.
Good call on putting Stephanos and Borna in there. As usual, these odds makers seem to have short memories and not so much imagination. I think Stan is a long way away from being back in world-beating shape, if he ever gets there again, which I have a lot of doubts about.

I get Darth's point about Zverev, but I'm picking him to at least having convincing results in Majors this year. Like him or not, I'd give Cilic better odds. Also, still worried about JMDP as to being ready by AO, at least for getting past QFs. Nishikori...you never know about his body, but I rather don't think anymore that he'll win a Major.

Reactions: DarthFed