Discuss Tennis Fearless 15

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who is brave enough to take the Discuss Tennis Fearless 15 challenge?

Step right up. Post away and have fun.

I will get this party started by making 2 of my fearless 15 predictions. Only 13 more to go so I will ponder over those.

1. Roger Federer will win Wimbledon in 2016.
  2. Rafa will get married

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Step right up and take the Discuss Tennis Fearless 15 challenge. Tell the world what you think or believe is going to happen in the tennis universe in 2016.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
folks just to set the tables for this discussion, check out these fearless predictions somebody made very early in 2015 about 2015.

I just came across these on the internet. I really don't know who Dan Imhoff is.

By Dan Imhoff

1. Federer will fall from No.2 but rise for Wimbledon No.8 With a tour-leading 73 match wins last season, Roger Federer will have a tough time bettering that in 2015. But it is the big ones the Swiss great plays this game for after all, so expect him to rebound from a train-wreck of an Australian Open campaign to break clear of Pete Sampras with an eighth trophy on the turf at the All England Club. It’s a little soon to be cramming his second set of twins courtside to witness that final, so he won’t be hanging up the racquet any time this season.

2. Djokovic will claim his first French Open This one’s sure to ruffle a few feathers among the Rafanatics, but the Serb will finally land the one slam missing from his collection. As a more accomplished mover and strategist with the red dirt under foot than Sampras was in Paris, he will rightfully pass the American great as a player owning each of the four majors on his mantelpiece.

3. Murray will challenge Djokovic for the top ranking Having recovered the confidence lacking in 2014 on his sluggish return after back surgery, Murray’s typical brick-wall retrieving, combined with a fresh team beginning to gel, will bring a fresh approach and renewed belief to see him regularly pushing deep at all four majors. Consistent results as opposed to any huge breakthroughs are what will see him better the fluctuating seasons of Rafael Nadal and Federer.

4. Kyrgios will crack the top 25 Already having surged to No.35 in the world after his quarterfinal run at Melbourne Park, the 19-year-old has scant points to defend outside Wimbledon. He won just one tour match outside the slams last year, so it is not unreasonable to expect he will be seeded in time for the Indian Wells-Miami stretch. Improved match conditioning will see him notch more match victories, while he’ll change up the design of those sculpted tracks shaved into his noggin at an increasing rate of once a month. Expect him to be Australia’s highest-ranked player, man or woman, by year’s end.

5. Cilic won’t back up his watershed 2014 moment The affable Croatian won’t repeat his 2014 US Open with a spate of ongoing injury lay-offs and the added pressure of defending a Grand Slam title proving too much, seeing him drop back out of the top 10.

6. Raonic and Nishikori will remain slamless If Djokovic, Nadal and Federer remain fit in 2015, the big-serving, lumbering Canadian will not go close to landing a maiden Grand Slam title, having a one from 15 record against these three. Nishikori has already conceded he may be a few years off breaking through, but he will have the best season of the two. Watch him to again fire at Flushing Meadows.

7. Dimitrov will reach first slam final While Dimitrov too may be some way off cracking the Grand Slam duck, he will follow up his breakthrough at Wimbledon from 2014 by going one better this time around on either the grass or on the hardcourts at Flushing Meadows to contest his first final. His record against the Big Three is almost as bad as Raonic’s – one from 13 – so he will likely have to buck this trend against at least one of them to reach a decider.

8. Nadal will not win a slam for first time in 11 years Back, knee, shoulder, foot, wrist and appendix. The injury list mounts. This one is purely dependent on which joint decides to pack it in next for the Spaniard. Granted, if he is even close to fully fit, he will rack up double digits in Roland Garros crowns and inch closer to Federer’s 17-slam record. But having missed or been severely hampered at each of the other three majors at least once in his career, odds are it will eventually happen at his go-to slam.

9. Hewitt will rack up more wildcards than match wins The stalwart of Australian men’s tennis for the past decade has announced he will hang up the racquet after his Melbourne Park campaign in 2016. It’s a year-long farewell tour, where he will likely skip the claycourt swing to rest those weary feet on the sands of the Bahamas before arriving early on the practice courts at SW19 to scatter a few pigeons in the opening rounds at Wimbledon. The soon-to-be 34-year-old’s ranking will plummet, and match wins away from the grass will be scarce.

10. It will be a torrid return for Del Potro Another round of wrist surgery is not out of the question for Delpo, so even if that is a success and he plays pain-free again, he will then have the enormous mental burden of wondering whether one of his two suspect wrists will again fail him. There’s as much chance of him switching to a single-handed backhand as there is of Murray cheering for the England football team, and it is likely to be a limited schedule for 2015. Injury-free though, and if the confidence returns, the Tower from Tandil will stifle the hype over Raonic and co and show he is still the player to best shake up the Big Four in the majors. - See more at: http://www.ausopen.com/news/2015/02/02/fearless-15-predictions-the-men#sthash.CnmBrzp0.dpuf

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic will win Roland Garros.

Nadal will have a great Australian Open.

No unexpected player will make a splash.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Gasquet will get as high #5.

Djokovic will not win the AO.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Any love for Del Potro?

is he going to be back and what do you predict for him?

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11937 said:
Djokovic will win Roland Garros. Nadal will have a great Australian Open. No unexpected player will make a splash.

what do you mean exactly when you say that Rafa will have a "great Australian Open"?

does that mean quarterfinals or semis?

I notice that you are not exactly predicting a title for him there. is that a possibility?

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ok folks my prediction #4 is on the books now: No RG for Djokovic in 2016.

a risky prediction to be sure as Djokovic really has no rivals at the moment.

I am just hoping that Rafa can win Barcelona and Rome and make a decent showing at Monte Carlo. that would allow me to install Rafa as the favorite for RG.

Djokovic has too much to defend next year. could lose a match here and there.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
11991 said:
Broken_shoelace wrote:
Djokovic will win Roland Garros. Nadal will have a great Australian Open. No unexpected player will make a splash.
what do you mean exactly when you say that Rafa will have a “great Australian Open”? does that mean quarterfinals or semis? I notice that you are not exactly predicting a title for him there. is that a possibility?

No, I don't think he'll win. But I think he makes the semis at the very least, and looks good in the process. Now, if he continues to improve, and he doesn't face Novak, then winning is actually a possibility. Let's keep in mind, abysmal as Rafa has been in 2015, the tour is not exactly great at the moment. So if he's playing well, the number of threats is not that high.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer takes Paris!!! LOL

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Djokovic baby #2!!  A girl would be nice next time. :yahoo:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
12019 said:
Djokovic baby #2!! A girl would be nice next time.
wpml_yahoo.gif

Why not twins this time ?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox is correct that Roger is clearly in the mix in Paris next year, assuming his current form holds true.  Frankly, he has beaten and can beat both Novak and Rafa, but the odds are only one of them he would have to get past, but then who knows if somebody like Wawrenka knocks one of them out?  Even if Roger were to meet Nadal or Djokovic, they would likely find it a hard row to hoe with Federer and his level these days.  The one event I cannot see anyone other than Djokovic winning is Melbourne.  The only guy who seems to be able to consistently push Nole there is Stanislas and Nadal a few years ago.  Federer would have a tougher time there in my view.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
my predictions #5 and #6 are on the books now:

Ferru will get married

Ferru will win 5-6 titles. small titles.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am picking this man to be in the finals of Wimbledon and RG:

and I am picking him to take Wimbledon.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic said he is in a good place to declare an assault on Rafa and Federer.

and Becker added that Djokovic can improve.

that is how you do it you set goals and you go after history.

that is precisely what he has been doing. he said he cant wait to get into off season to work on his fitness and his game and to set new goals.

he is all the inspiration and all the challenge you will ever need. resolve to outwork him if you want to beat him.

talk is extremely cheap. go out there outwork this guy.

that said, Djokovic should figure heavily in your predictions for 2016.

I am going to pick him for at least 2 slams: Australian Open and the U.S. Open.

Federer is a factor at the Australian Open. he is my second favorite there. I have Federer for the title at Wimbledon. he has a shot there. he just has to work harder than he has ever worked and then go out there make it happen. I have a feeling that we will see him in the finals at Wimbledon.

we will talk about Djokovic's masters haul in 2016 next time.

I have a feeling he is taking 5-6 masters again in 2016.

and you know what that means: zero masters for my player or anybody else for that matter.

pay attention Rafa and his team if you reading Discuss Tennis. go out there and start outworking Djokovic.

Â