Discuss Tennis Fearless 15

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
maybe we should have made a prediction about how many vacations Rafa was going to take.

I say he will take around 10 vacations and be sure to tell the world that he does not need a vacation since he has work to do.

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
1351335341.jpg

Practice makes Perfect

I hear Larry Ellison also has a nice golf course close to Indian Wells in his back yard... Porcupine Creek (Rancho Mirage)
Here is Rafa playing on this scenic course in the desert.
rafa-golf.jpg

Here is Larry Ellison's ranch at Porcupine Creek.
billionaire-larry-ellisons-porcupine-creek-ranch-mirage-ca-6.jpg

I predict Rafa will own a golf course one day.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: ClayDeath

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1351335341.jpg

Practice makes Perfect

I hear Larry Ellison also has a nice golf course close to Indian Wells in his back yard... Porcupine Creek (Rancho Mirage)
rafa-golf.jpg

Respectfully,
masterclass

ha ha ha. just bring on the golf courses and the exos. who has time for hard work and sacrifices needed to win titles anymore.

golf = no tennis

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
I think Rafa's good friend Larry Ellison is worth around 50 billion give or take a billion or two as the former CEO, sitting as executive chairman, and chief tech officer of Oracle.

He also owns 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai, Hawaii's 6th largest island.

So Rafa must be learning how to rake in the money without getting his hands too dirty...

Reactions: ClayDeath

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1351335341.jpg

Practice makes Perfect

rafa-golf.jpg

I predict Rafa will own a golf course one day.

Respectfully,
masterclass

he owns hotels. golf courses are probably included already.

just bring on the golf and more exos.

tennis is a thing of the past for him now.

Reactions: masterclass

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rafa's good friend Larry Ellison is worth around 50 billion give or take a billion or two as the former CEO, sitting as executive chairman, and chief tech officer of Oracle.

So Rafa must be learning how to rake in the money without getting his hands too dirty...

Larry loves Rafa. you are spot on general. they are good friends.

Rafa is set for 100 lifetimes. just don't talk about tennis around Rafa.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Rafa actually stays with Ellison as his guest during Indian Wells.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lets see some monster blocks of work on clay and a huge effort on the fitness front.

work for next year. that is the only chance he has.

2015 was a waste. 2016 is going to be 5 times worse than 2015 because he is not doing a damn thing. he is producing plenty of lip service but there is just no work ethic at all. hence the continued and even more dramatic decline.

2017 is all he has left. and it has to be on clay. it is not too late.

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
Ok, here are 5 of my predictions for 2016. (not as difficult since we already have 2 months in... :) ]

1. Rafa will fall out of the top 10. He is #21 so far in the race to London, and sinking.
a. I don't see him doing anything on the hard courts of Indian Wells and Miami, after being beaten on clay by players he would have trounced when he was in form.
b. He is enjoying life outside of tennis while still entering tournaments to keep the sponsors happy.
c. He is scheduling hard court exos when he should be getting fit and preparing for a big clay season.
d. He is losing fitness instead of gaining. He is getting tired after 1 set, when he used to be King of 5 sets and deciders.
e. Each time he loses to an average player, the rest of the tour gains confidence. He has lost his aura and confidence and players are not afraid to take advantage.

2. Djokovic will remain at #1 for the Year unless he suffers a bad injury. He is too far above the rest.

3. Murray will win at Roland Garros. I think having a child will free his mind to a certain extent.

4. Federer will be in the finals at Wimbledon. He is still the best grass court player playing on the planet. He just can't play great time after time anymore.

5. One player, not in the top 4 at the moment will win a major. It's time.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting observations Masterclass, although I think Rafa hangs in the Top 10... just, 2) yes 3) no 4) maybe 5) yes.

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
Interesting observations Masterclass, although I think Rafa hangs in the Top 10... just, 2) yes 3) no 4) maybe 5) yes.

He has a lot to do to right the ship. But if anyone can, it's Rafa. I won't write him off..

Anyway, these are just predictions, some bold, some not. ;)
I don't know why I pick Murray for RG, I always said he doesn't have a strong enough forehand for it, but it's just a feeling that having a child will somehow improve his play.
It may go the other way. He may lose motivation. It certainly did in the past with many, many players, who stopped being as successful once married with children for a year or two.
But who knows?

Respectfully,
masterclass

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another fearless prediction:

Stan's greatness is a thing of the past.

He will get slapped around like a hapless mosquito by top guns like djokovic and Andy.