Cincinnati 2022, Ohio, US - WTA 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
After watching so many women struggle on serve, it's refreshing that a 40 yr old mom can still swing it.

That was Martina' Navratilova's problem! After she turned 37 or so she wasn't able to pop the serve! Someone like Graf normally made her pay! It was a wonder that in her last years from '91-93, Navratilova could still upset Graf and Seles! I was never more proud of her performance at the '91 USO! She hadn't played a WTA match all summer since loss at Wimbledon to Capriatti QF! It was all about WTT I guess with no USO warm-up! She was ranked #5 in the world, but dropped to #6 seed at Flushing! She started out sluggish barely getting by Manuela Maleeva, then Arantxa Sanchez-V., & poised to face Graf yet again at the USO! It was a performance for the ages; esp. for her age to defeat Steffi at that point in 3 long TB sets! :clap::shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::lulz1:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I have said many times Serena and Venus attract fans and bums on seats whenever and wherever they have played over the years

Reactions: tossip and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tursnov seems happy with Emma's performance so far, happy smile on his face.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Emma hasn't played this well since last year. Just like everyone else, she raises her game for Serena. Watch what happens when she has to play anybody else, like Tossip said, she'll be back to mediocrity. :lulz1:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Emma hasn't played this well since last year. Just like everyone else, she raises her game for Serena. Watch what happens when she has to play anybody else, like Tossip said, she'll be back to mediocrity. :lulz1:

They already mentioned, Emma hasn't won more than 2 matches in a row all season! That's the best example of how women's tennis has fallen! Without The Williams, what will the WTA do? :face-with-tears-of-joy: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This may seem superficial, but I don't know why, Serena, such a fashion icon, went for such a pallid kit. This was exactly where she needed black and studs, and etc.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
They already mentioned, Emma hasn't won more than 2 matches in a row all season! That's the best example of how women's tennis has fallen! Without The Williams, what will the WTA do? :face-with-tears-of-joy: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Suffer endlessly. Even with Iga, players weren't raising their games against her. Otherwise, she wouldn't have reeled off 37 match winning streak

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually this is the best match I have seen Emma play in a long time, hopefully she will stick with a coach more than just one tournament. Tursnov helped Konta's game big time, though now she needs him back, big time lol!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Actually this is the best match I have seen Emma play in a long time, hopefully she will stick with a coach more than just one tournament. Tursnov helped Konta's game big time, though now she needs him back, big time lol!
You think Tursonov gets the credit for this win? Not. He was w/ her last week when she was booted out of Washington.

Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's a publicity stunt from Eisenbud.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm pretty sure he was. But no matter, again she hasn't played well since September of 2021.
Agree she hasnt played well since the USO, just look at her results, still to me she needs to stay with a coach, longer than one tournament

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Emma can say she got a win over Serena before she retired and look Mom, no hands, I'm not as overrated as everyone said. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: tossip