11. Coco Gauff
12. Belinda Bencic
13. Leylah Fernandez
14. Karolina Pliskova
15. Simona Halep
16. Jelena Ostapenko

1000-min1.jpeg

The Tournament:

The Cincinnati Masters (branded as the Western & Southern Open for sponsorship reasons) is an annual outdoor hardcourt tennis event held in Mason, Ohio near Cincinnati. The event started on September 18, 1899, and is the oldest tennis tournament in the United States played in its original city. The tournament is the second largest summer tennis event in the U.S. after the US Open, as its men's event is one of the Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP Tour and its women's event is one of the WTA 1000 events on the WTA Tour.

About Cincinnati:

Cincinnati is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and the county seat of Hamilton County. Settled in 1788, the city is located at the northern side of the confluence of the Licking and Ohio rivers, the latter of which marks the state line with Kentucky. The city is the economic and cultural hub of the Cincinnati metropolitan area. With an estimated population of 2,256,884, it is Ohio's largest metropolitan area and the nation's 30th-largest, and with a city population of 309,317, Cincinnati is the third-largest city in Ohio and 64th in the United States. Throughout much of the 19th century, it was among the top 10 U.S. cities by population, surpassed only by New Orleans and the older, established settlements of the United States eastern seaboard, as well as being the sixth-most populous city from 1840 until 1860.

1920px-Cincinnati_Photomontage_V1.jpg

Tourism Video:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Draw has begun,

Just looking at Serena's draw....UGH!

R1 Raducanu
R2 Kanepi/Azarenka
R3 Pegula/ Andreescu
QF Sakkari/Pliskova/Venus
SF Sabalenka/Fernandez/Osaka
F Swiatek, Jabeur/ Halep

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking at the draw,
Top half of the draw is loaded, Swiatek, Badosa,Jabeur, Muguruza,Halep,Gauff, Bencic and Rybakina

Bottom half of the draw, Kontaveit, Sakkari, Sabalenka, Pegula.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Draw has begun,

Just looking at Serena's draw....UGH!

R1 Raducanu
R2 Kanepi/Azarenka
R3 Pegula/ Andreescu
QF Sakkari/Pliskova/Venus
SF Sabalenka/Fernandez/Osaka
F Swiatek, Jabeur/ Halep
this is why I felt that Serena should have played San Jose also. I guess we can only hope for the best and pray for a miracle for Serena chances for USO

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
The draw - MY EYES, MY EYES! Serena vs. Emma, Giorgi vs. Bibi, make it stop! I can't believe the luck, or misfortune, of some of my favorites. Well, what are you going to do? That's tennis for you...

• Haha
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The draw - MY EYES, MY EYES! Serena vs. Emma, Giorgi vs. Bibi, make it stop! I can't believe the luck, or misfortune, of some of my favorites. Well, what are you going to do? That's tennis for you...
The Draw Gods were not kind to Serena: first round against the USO champion, and if she survives that, Kanepi or Azarenka.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
this is why I felt that Serena should have played San Jose also. I guess we can only hope for the best and pray for a miracle for Serena chances for USO
Serena used her protected ranking at Cinncy and will also be using it for the USO, hopefully the Tennis Draw Gods will be kinder at the USO :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu has withdrawn, she will have a training block instead, before the final GS of the year.She will be replaced in the draw by a qualifier or a LL

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellentonboy

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu has withdrawn, she will have a training block instead, before the final GS of the year.She will be replaced in the draw by a qualifier or a LL
Unless she is injured and doesn't want to say, I don't agree with her choice. She has to learn how to get tougher when in a tight match. That doesn't come from a training block.

Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena can play the match like an exo,let the pova protege win .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Unless she is injured and doesn't want to say, I don't agree with her choice. She has to learn how to get tougher when in a tight match. That doesn't come from a training block.
Bianca did have a 'stomach problem issue' in one of her matches in Toronto, receive pills and seemed okay and won the match
Agree with your thoughts, you dont get tougher doing a training block, you get tougher in a hard, tight match, quite frankly I am disappointed with Bianca withdrawing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll be rooting for Haddad Maia. I'm trying to make my picks in the Draw challenge, and I wonder if both will withdraw from Cincy to rest up for the USO.
You know that Bianca Andreescu has withdrawn? she did that earlier today

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena can play the match like an exo,let the pova protege win .
No. I don't agree with that. Can't give Emma a false sense of confidence going into her title defense. If anything she should send the Pova protege to the practice courts early and lose to a more familiar foe (like Vika).

Reactions: tossip and Moxie