Cincinnati 2019 US, WTA Premier

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys will be hard to stop once she is rolling like this and with h2h and fans on her side, looks like a mission impossible for Svetlana tomorrow.

Well I am a Sveta fan and she made quick work of Ash in her match I am not going to right her off,just thrilled she has made the final,these courts suit her game as long as she can keep her Head Intact she has a chance.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I am a Sveta fan and she made quick work of Ash in her match I am not going to right her off,just thrilled she has made the final,these courts suit her game as long as she can keep her Head Intact she has a chance.
Kutz has a chance because she is krafty and she has got to be willing to suffer some pain for Madison. Madison's serve is at the Serena's level so far this week. Madison's balance is better, she is lower to the ground when she is hitting her groundstrokes and her decision making is extremely excellent. I would not bet against Madison but Kutzy may have to do something special to win..

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but I couldn't resist to bring it - have a nice final day

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sveta put under a lot of pressure in her service game,facing BPs but manages to hold and consolidate her early break in the 1st set,using the variety in her game leads Keys 4-2

Sveta serving for the 1st set 5-4 gets broken,Keys stepping up,aggressive play with a FH winner,windy conditions for the final....back on serve 5 games all.

Sveta 5-6 to serve to stay in the first set,Keys had been patiently aggressive in the last few games,breaks Sveta and takes the first set 75,Sveta did have a fall at the back of the court,though she appears to be okay.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shades of the 1st set with Sveta getting the early break,Madison having trouble with her serve in the windy conditions,Sveta able to absorb the power hitting of Madison early,leads 2-1.Sveta consolidates the breaks leads 3-1.Madison has to have controlled aggressive in her hitting,must wait to hit her spots at times.

Okay Sveta here we go again,Sveta leads 5-4 and will serve for the 2nd set......(please dont get broken and also you could have been serving for the match....Think and use the brain God gave you:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sveta you make it really hard on your fans........................broken again serving for the 2nd set......Madison with some fearless FH winners...........5 games all....too early to start drinking here,I will make myself a long double black coffee.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sveta will serve to stay in the 2nd set,Madison leads 6-5....Honestly Sveta!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
T/break for the 2nd set, 6 games all,Sveta why didn't you serve like that when you were serving for the 2nd set?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys d Kutzetsova in a tight match 75 76(6)

Sveta had her chances served for the 1st and 2nd set only to get broken

Well done Madison!.....even though she lost Sveta had a great week to reach the final.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I tuned in at 5:3 in the 2nd set. Then I hear she was serving for the first set too. Damn, I wish this went to 3rd set at least, Svetlana deserved it, but obviously didn't play best when it mattered the most.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kutz has a chance because she is krafty and she has got to be willing to suffer some pain for Madison. Madison's serve is at the Serena's level so far this week. Madison's balance is better, she is lower to the ground when she is hitting her groundstrokes and her decision making is extremely excellent. I would not bet against Madison but Kutzy may have to do something special to win..
Good match for Kutzy.. Madison's serve and offense was too much too good this week..Bravo Maddie

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As long as Kuznetsova could avoid Keys aggressive play she was on top but she couldn't avoid it - but fairly well played final .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope both take this good form into the USO. Great week for both, great win for Maddy. Hurray!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys broke into the Top Ten after making the Aegon Final Classic final in June 2016.