Cincinnati 2019 US, WTA Premier

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tricky match for Osaka against Hsieh Su-Wei she prevails in 3 sets 76(3) 57 62
This match was extremely extraordinary to watch..Su-Wei is got to be the most frustrating opponent to play on the tour..Their match was a pure Battle Royale until mid way of the 3rd set. Osaka wore down Su-Wei and won the World War 3 Japan vs China I told my friends that Su-Wei would not be able to play doubles later that evening and Naomi's legs were pretty weary afterwards. It cost her today vs Kenin. Hopefully she will recover and be able to defend her USO championship.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match was extremely extraordinary to watch..Su-Wei is got to be the most frustrating opponent to play on the tour..Their match was a pure Battle Royale until mid way of the 3rd set. Osaka wore down Su-Wei and won the World War 3 Japan vs China I told my friends that Su-Wei would not be able to play doubles later that evening and Naomi's legs were pretty weary afterwards. It cost her today vs Kenin. Hopefully she will recover and be able to defend her USO championship.

Yes I have watched Su-Wei live,she is a very tricky and unorthodox player,I knew this would go the distance.
Osaka did the right thing against Kenin and did retire,she could not put any weight on her leg when serving.Osaka has big points to defend in the USO just around the corner.

Osaka to have a MRI scan on her left knee.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I’ve always liked Kuznetsova, so I’m happy for her, but I also have to say I’m disappointed in Barty.

That'll always be the problem with today's stars! You won't ever have the consistency due to pressures put on themselves by their own teams, the management, & advertisers! As much as there are those people to alleviate stress, more's produced thru social media! :nono:

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just got home from night shift,I am happy for Sveta,a bit disappointed in Ash,I wonder if this was their first meeting?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First meeting!

Keys up 4-1 vs Kenin

Thanks,I thought so,just reading on Twitter,Ash got her coach on court,that is also very strange,she normally can work things out for herself,oh well back to the drawing board for Ash.

Keys continuing on like she did against Venus yesterday

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kenin fought back after being broken early....tight first set Keys won 7-5

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder if she’ll get direct entry into the US Open now? Maybe the cutoff has already passed.
I tought the same. Maybe this coming Monday is the deadline.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This Kenin girl can play whatever she needs to, adapts to opponents very well. I like to see her play.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys d Kenin in a tightly contested match 75 64

Madison to meet Sveta in the final.Madison leads their head to head 3-0

Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Keys d Kenin in a tightly contested match 75 64

Madison to meet Sveta in the final.Madison leads their head to head 3-0

Keys will be hard to stop once she is rolling like this and with h2h and fans on her side, looks like a mission impossible for Svetlana tomorrow.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Happy to see Maddy playing so well, and actually to see Sveta back to winning ways. I was really thinking she was about done, and yet she's back again.

Reactions: AnonymousFan