Australian Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Getting ready for work and see Charlie getting skunked by Zed. I don't really have an issue w/ Zed winning except please do not show up lame in the SF or F (if he gets there) and lay an egg. :pleading-face::egg:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It’s reminding me of the Medvedev match at the USO: Alcaraz has come out with no game plan, thinking ahead of himself, practically ready for the trophy ceremony. The ease with which he beat Zverev made him think he didn’t need a game plan. In both matches, he made no adjustments to handle what’s been coming at him.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It’s reminding me of the Medvedev match at the USO: Alcaraz has come out with no game plan, thinking ahead of himself, practically ready for the trophy ceremony. The ease with which he beat Zverev made him think he didn’t need a game plan. In both matches, he made no adjustments to handle what’s been coming at him.
Well that's arrogance and he's paying the price for it. Whether JCF is there or not, he has to learn to play on his own. Coach is not going to leave the stands and hit a volley for you. I'm sure he was given a plan, it's up to him to execute.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think this still ends in straights. Today Charlie doesn't have the mental fortitude to play w/ restraint that is necessary in the TB

Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Charlie has won 5 consecutive pts and has four SPs
IMG_9526.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That was a lovely TB, but I'm still not convinced. He has to play clean enough to get the next two sets and unfortunately, I can't watch. Gotta go pay bills. Y'all can tell me later how it ends...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Just weak by Zverev. Same thing happened earlier in his career against Nadal. Well ahead and poor fitness cost him. He should be kicking himself if and probably when Alcaraz wins this in 5.

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.