ATP World Tour Finals

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Looking at the H2H, I doubt he gets him at RG, then.

I don't think mugrev can handle Nadull's moonball but atleast he has a 2HBH and a stable ground game. Rafael will grind him down.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think mugrev can handle Nadull's moonball but atleast he has a 2HBH and a stable ground game. Rafael will grind him down.
Your lack of understanding what Nadal does on clay is stunning. But your hatred and willful misrepresentation is (*cough*) part of your charm. With assist from Darth, it must be said.

roberto

Futures Player
Reactions
The results of the final should finally put a fork in Carol's half-baked refrain about Novak having his recent success because of weak competition.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The results of the final should finally put a fork in Carol's half-baked refrain about Novak having his recent success because of weak competition.
Nice to see you around, Roberto. How so? Because Zverev beat him? I'm pretty sure that he was 16-18 years old when Novak was scooping up a lot of trophies. I'm not saying that her theory is fully-baked, but I don't think Zverev's win proves it's not. :-)2

roberto

Futures Player
Reactions
Grazie. Not only did Zverev just beat him, but he also lost the Paris final and almost lost the semi-final to Federer. He has not been invincible, which I think is at least partially due to exhaustion given his season and also having the cold/flu in Paris and London.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Jeez, Zverev only won the WTF, it's not as if he won a Slam or the Olympics gold. Novak's success came because Rafa started struggling with injury and Federer is too old. When Rafa gets healthy again he will be back at no.1.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Grazie. Not only did Zverev just beat him, but he also lost the Paris final and almost lost the semi-final to Federer. He has not been invincible, which I think is at least partially due to exhaustion given his season and also having the cold/flu in Paris and London.
But the point is he's NOT invincible, right? Maybe some years an easier path. It's a bit of a shame that he's still claiming a cold 4 weeks later, after he played so well all week. I'm not unsympathetic, but there are a lot of folks here that don't go in for excuses.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
You are wrong that Patriots Nation is only Massachusetts. Firstly, it is all of New England. I would also say that, like the Cowboys of old, they have been embraced by a lot of people. I know there are a lot of haters out there, but you always think that if YOU hate a team or player, everyone else does. :p

Yes sorry, it's Massachusetts and the 500 people that live in the other states. You underestimate how much the country hates the Pats.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes sorry, it's Massachusetts and the 500 people that live in the other states. You underestimate how much the country hates the Pats.
And you underestimate how many people live in New England, I must say. Southern CT and western VT are both borderline for NY teams, in fairness. Hate on the Pats as much as you want. Just don't misrepresent it to a Brit, who can't know better. #settingtherecordstraight

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Your lack of understanding what Nadal does on clay is stunning. But your hatred and willful misrepresentation is (*cough*) part of your charm. With assist from Darth, it must be said.

So dull hits flat now? Can he also cure cancer?

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
I believe one man can challenge Nadal on RG. My favourite challenger would be Djokovic. He can play consistently and beat Nadal. But, again it will be a crazy match.

I don't know how well Zverev can handle Nadal's pressure on clay. You have to manage the topspin and do well, do even better than Federer did in 05-07 and 11. I don't know how that can be done.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So dull hits flat now? Can he also cure cancer?
How someone can be so stupid like you are, even Federer would be very embarrassing reading your comments, ugh!

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I generally feel like Nadalites use the "injury card" too frequently as an excuse for why he lost a given match he "shouldn't" have, but in the case of RG in 2019, I think his health will be the largest factor - which is why predicting it is virtually impossible right now, six months out.

If Rafa is 90% healthy, he goes into the tournament as the favorite, with only an in-form Djokovic as a serious threat. If he's less so, then all of a sudden various contenders emerge as possible threats: Thiem, Zverev, a resurgent Wawrinka (which probably won't happen, unfortunately), maybe even Tsitsipas.

So let's just wait and see. AO is first.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
After suffering for years under the brutal regime of Nadull and fakervic, we will now have to bear the next generation of tall and strong pushers with brat ushering in a new era. Sad times to come.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I generally feel like Nadalites use the "injury card" too frequently as an excuse for why he lost a given match he "shouldn't" have, but in the case of RG in 2019, I think his health will be the largest factor - which is why predicting it is virtually impossible right now, six months out.

If Rafa is 90% healthy, he goes into the tournament as the favorite, with only an in-form Djokovic as a serious threat. If he's less so, then all of a sudden various contenders emerge as possible threats: Thiem, Zverev, a resurgent Wawrinka (which probably won't happen, unfortunately), maybe even Tsitsipas.

So let's just wait and see. AO is first.
When was the last time, Soderling? You have a long memory. And a short one when it comes to last fall's Federer fans. Aren't you the guy that told me to lay of the "you people?" Maybe try not lumping Nadalites together then? :) And why was that shot as the opener to your point even necessary?