2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Too sad. His career is most likely over..Very sad for all of Us...
I know it was on your bucket list of tournaments to see Rafa play at Monte Carlo, sad to say it isnt happening.
As a Rafa fan, I would like him to retire on his own terms, as all Rafa fans would also like to see
Anyway lets see if he does play at some tournaments before RG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Seeing the final isnt being played on true red clay, more like a HC, sorry to disappoint you I feel Ben has a advantage, his serve alone giving him free points.
Actually Frances needs this win and title more than Ben, his form of late has been sub par.
I don't really care much about their tennis,it's just that karen has been doing the most for no reason .There is enough room $$ for everyone,and let's hope it's not about r***** and he is known on X as rightwing leaning..a r******

• Wow
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I know it was on your bucket list of tournaments to see Rafa play at Monte Carlo, sad to say it isnt happening.
As a Rafa fan, I would like him to retire on his own terms, as all Rafa fans would also like to see
Anyway lets see if he does play at some tournaments before RG.
Maybe it's not realistic to think He is going to play RG..I didn't watch the exbo vs Carlitos which was reported by you and others he played well . There's not enough data to believe he can or will play a full tournament.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe it's not realistic to think He is going to play RG..I didn't watch the exbo vs Carlitos which was reported by you and others he played well . There's not enough data to believe he can or will play a full tournament.
Well Rafa is still practicing, even when he withdrew from MC he went back on the court, and also practiced some serves, lets see, we know Rafa will do every thing possible to play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo Berrettini d Carballes Baena to win his first ATP title since 2022 in the final at Morroco, 75 62
Matteo snapped Carballes Baena nine match winning streak
Matteo has received a wild card into Monte Carlo
Matteo will be #84 with this win, when the rankings come out on Monday 8th April
Forza Matteo!

• Love
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the final at Estorial,
H.Hurkacz (2) defeated P. Martinez 63 64
This was Hurkacz first title on clay
Hurkacz will rise to joint - career high No 8, when the rankings come out on Monday 8th April

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Shelton is the Houston Clay Court champion 75 46 63 defeating defending champion Frances Tiafoe
2nd career title
Up to No 14 in the ATP rankings

• Angry
Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
HELLO! Where's the Thread for the Monte Carlo Masters? It begins Monday w/ Novak as #1 Seed & #3 Alcaraz in his Half! The draw is impressive w/ 8 seeds able to win the title; esp. the defending champion #6 Rublev in ND's quarter! #2 Sinner has #7 Rune in his quarter & #4 Medvedev in the Half! Wiki notes Nole needs his 3rd title to complete his Triple Golden Masters! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Why don't you create the thread. Admins aren't the only ones that can create.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex de Minaur, Taylor Fritz, Tommy Paula are first players confirmed for Team World at Laver Cup 2024 in Berlin

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
According to Marca.com,
Carlos Alcaraz will travel to Barcelona on Sunday, after testing himself in practice over the last 48 hours
Draw is tomorrow ( Saturday)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Frances Tiafoe and his coach of only 4 months have split, no word as yet from Tiafoe of a new coach

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP500 Barcelona draw will take place on Saturday 13th April at 1pm in the presence of Rafa Nadal

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barcelona draw is out,
Projected QFs by seedings,
(1) Alcaraz vs Tsitipas (5)
(4) De Minaur vs Humbert (6)
(8) Baez vs Ruud (3)
(2) Rublev vs KK (7)

Alcaraz the defending champion projected path to the final, hopefully his forearm issue wont be a problem as he has lots of points to defend in the clay season

R1 Bye
R2 Van Assche/Zhang
R3 Coric
QF Mussetti/Tsitsipas
SF De Minaur/Nadal
F Ruud/Rublev

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alcaraz just withdrew from Barcelona...
What's wrong with this boy?each time clay season arrives he is injured.He seems so injury prone ,and that's the difference with Sinner.Who is such a hardworker and plays through his problems.

Reactions: Fiero425

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What's wrong with this boy?each time clay season arrives he is injured.He seems so injury prone ,and that's the difference with Sinner.Who is such a hardworker and plays through his problems.
I don’t think this is a fair take. Sinner before he started with Cahill was the same way. It’s the nature of the game it is heavy and hard on the body.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz place will now be taken by Fabian Marozan and has a first round bye
His forearm issue apparently is still a concern, tennis players are predisposed to this kind of injury btw, hopefully with rest it will heal, with these type of injuries nothing else you can do.
Madrid is in 10 days time hopefully Alcaraz will be fit to play.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
What's wrong with this boy? Each time clay season arrives he's injured. He seems so injury prone and that's the difference w/ Sinner.Who is such a handworker and plays through his problems.

I told you this w/b the norm for the new kids on the block! The speed of the game, the physically exersion, & playing too hard is costing them! :fearful-face:

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I told you this w/b the norm for the new kids on the block! The speed of the game, the physically exersion, & playing too hard is costing them! :fearful-face:
This forearm injury is a predisposed injury for not only tennis players other athletes who use their forearm repetitively?
It is not just a injury for 'New Kids On the Block', get your medical facts in check for starters.