2023 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It would not be Wimbledon with rain would it lol!
Good start from Iga Swiatek winning with ease in straight sets over Zhu 61 63
Apparently tomorrow's forecast is Rain, and more Rain, a nightmare
Covers are now coming off the outside courts
Centre court roof is about to open
Players are now on the outside courts, good sign and hopefully the rain stays away

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't see Venus defeating Mrs. Monfils..I guess the folks at ESPN are trying to hype up the American fan base ..no prob with that at all

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't see Venus defeating Mrs. Monfils..I guess the folks at ESPN are trying to hype up the American fan base ..no prob with that at all
We shall see lol! btw is it still Elina Svitolina, when Elina retires she said she would be known as Mrs Monfils :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vee slips on the grass and falls, appears to be okay, one of the reasons I hate grass, Venus is being seen by the physio

• Sad
Reactions: tented

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She appears okay, one of the reasons I hate grass, it is too slippery,
It's not worth it,she doesn't have to do all this.I think it's time to find a partner to enjoy her money with.Travel,enjoy yourself, she has a strong mind but the body is saying no,its time babygurl..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not worth it,she doesn't have to do all this.I think it's time to find a partner to enjoy her money with.Travel,enjoy yourself,the boat has sailed Venus.I think she has a strong mind but she is in denial.Its time babygurl..
You know Vee she is stubborn, she is back on court now after being seen by the physio

• Angry
Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's not worth it,she doesn't have to do all this.I think it's time to find a partner to enjoy her money with.Travel,enjoy yourself, she has a strong mind but the body is saying no,its time babygurl..
Maybe, she should just play doubs/mixed until she's ready to sit

Reactions: tossip

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I just tuned in to Venus/Svitolina — was her leg already taped before she slipped?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Venus having another strapping on her leg...Elina down a break, Venus had a bad fall, wins the 1st set 64
Coco match against Kenin just starting I will now have to watch 2 matches at once, Martina N on Coco's match and The Voice is the umpire!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

That's why I'm wondering about Pat's commentary talking about "an injury!" What injury? It's old lady disease and Venus shouldn't be out there taking up a spot by someone more deserving! I'd say the same thing if it were Martina trying to show what she could do at 45 years old! :) :slap:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kenin playing well to start the match against Coco up a break, Coco's fhand is giving her Yips, as Martina N says at present it is all over the place
Kenin leads 3-1

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.