2023 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A great gesture from Elina she is still donating all her wining money to the Ukraine Childrens Fund

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big win for Swiatek as she now has reached at least the QF’s in all 4 Majors. It’s no secret grass is her weakest surface.

My heart is with Kvitova to win the whole thing, just love her lefty serve, but Iga doing well here wouldn't be disappointing to me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The only seed to be dismissed today was Potapova,( 22) in SS by the 16 year old qualifer, lets see how she goes in her next round, she is playing 'fearless' and has nothing to lose

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What did she do?
Nothing she just left the court and the crowd booed her? she knows that Elina wasnt going to shake her hand,
I mean that match went down to the wire, both ladies played their guts out, I think fans should leave politics out of it, this is sport, just my opinion

Reactions: tossip

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They didn't shake hands! Vika knew it was coming so she went right to the umpire and gave a fist to Svit! :yawningface: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
So much for the British fans being so knowledgeable , :rolleyes:pretty much everyone in tennis knows by now that the Ukraines are not going to shake hands at the net with the Russians/Belarussian players and those players are fine with that.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wish people that actually watch the womens game would get their facts right for starters???

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip

You know Elina dosent shake hands with Russian or Belarusian players, she has made the stance right from the start of her comeback okay that is her decision
Vika did nothing wrong I dont think she should have been booed, she did nothing wrong

Reactions: tossip

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina Rybakina (3) defending champion vs Beatriz Haddad Maia (13) H2H Haddad Maia 2-0 1 on HC and I on clay

This is their first meeting on grass.Elina has been impressive so far in her defense of her Wimbledon title, though knowing Beatriz she is a fighter, and will not go down without a fight, she has beaten Elina before,though this is their first meeting on grass, where I feel Elina is the superior player.

Ons Jabeur (6) vs Petra Kvitova (9) H2H Kvitova 4-1 3 HC and 1 grass in favor of Petra, most recent match was in 2022 on HC in Cinncy Petra won in 3 sets.

Petra has rekindled her grass game prior to Wimbledon picking up a title, playing solid tennis, where Ons quite frankly has been struggling to find her top grass game, injuries has played a part, sad to say, when Ons weaves her magic on grass she can be hard to defeat. This match up in ways will be a contrast of styles on grass, Petra with her first strike tennis, big serve and fhand, compared to Ons, where she will slice and dice and volley and put her shots on the court in difficult positions for her opponent to cover.Petra may have to go to the P3tra we have all known to love to get the win. A match I cant wait to watch.

Aryba Sabalenka (2) vs Ekaterina Alexandrova H2H Alexandrova 3-2 Recent match was on grass in 2022, Alexandrova won in straight sets.

Alexandrova knows her way around a grass court, Sabalenka will have to watch her margins in this match up, or any match she plays quite frankly, she has the game to win on grass, playing first strike tennis, has power from both wings, and is a good volley player, if she can maintain those factors she should be able to win this match up.

Madison Keys (25) vs Miaa Andreeva First meeting.

Keys recently won the Eastbourne title prior to Wimbledon in great style not losing a set, again Madison plays first strike tennis, big serve and fhand, though she can falter and become a UFE machine, though so far she has shown good focus, she is playing a 16 year old, that is playing 'fearless tennis, agressive mindset and really has nothing to lose, she defeated Potapova in straight sets in her last match.I feel focus will have a lot to do with the outcome of this match, again Madison has to watch her margins or she could come undone.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gee I was having computer troubles was about to throw my computer against the wall, anyway back on line here,

Bad luc to Haddad Maia who had to retire down 4-1 against Rybakina with a back injury
Bea has had some injuries of late
Get well soon Bea!

Status
Not open for further replies.