Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rune in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I must say, it was only really the different levels of experience showed here. Carlos was more comfortable and could express himself better, but Holger was new to this and didn’t find himself yet.

Carlos will need to play better in the semis, and even better in the final, but he navigated the final 2 sets very well..

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carlito sounds more like a Spanish footballer than a Spanish tennis player. No?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t think that’s petty, and it’s certainly the truth.
I am just being petty (good petty btw) because a lot of posters think Rune will post a greater threat to Alcaraz than Sinner.

All in all, Alcaraz is a better player than both Rune and Sinner, but both Rune and Sinner will be great rivals against Alcaraz and each other

Reactions: Moxie and tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I must say, it was only really the different levels of experience showed here. Carlos was more comfortable and could express himself better, but Holger was new to this and didn’t find himself yet.

Carlos will need to play better in the semis, and even better in the final, but he navigated the final 2 sets very well..
You tried to warn me Brotha that it may be too soon for Holger. One day I will listen

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It really turned at 3-3 in the first set tiebreak and nobody could predict that..
I will catch it later tonight on my red eye back East..The Wi-Fi on my flight today was something I would expect at a senior citizen community center.. It was just a lousy connection with low speed rates . Couldn't see anything..

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I will catch it later tonight on my red eye back East..The Wi-Fi on my flight today was something I would expect at a senior citizen community center.. It was just a lousy connection with low speed rates . Couldn't see anything..
That’s so annoying these days, when you‘re watching something which looks like it was done on an Etch-A-Sketch.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I had bloody computer trouble again just got back online here before I throw my computer towards a wall

Congratulations Alcaraz I picked you win, well done young man!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am just being petty (good petty btw) because a lot of posters think Rune will post a greater threat to Alcaraz than Sinner.

All in all, Alcaraz is a better player than both Rune and Sinner, but both Rune and Sinner will be great rivals against Alcaraz and each other
With all due respect, Sinner turns 22 in a few weeks so in comparison to the other two he hasn't progressed as quickly. Unlike them, he hasnt beaten Djokovic in a match or won a Masters tournament. I believe he is also 0-2 in matches with Rune. Rune is within 180 points of being top 4.

Now you know as well as the rest of us, not his fault i grant you, but Sinner’s draw opened up quite nicely for him to reach his first SF whereas Alcaraz/Rune had to meet each other in the QTRS. Good for Sinner that he took advantage from the draw from Heaven..

Having said that, if Sinner beats Djokovic I will be suitably impressed. ; )

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Picked Carlos in 4, as I thought Rune might have a little more gumption than what he showed. Now we get to see what he can do to hit through the metronome (Daniil). It seems Medvedev is able to get almost everyone to succumb to playing his game, even Djokovic sometimes.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Picked Carlos in 4, as I thought Rune might have a little more gumption than what he showed. Now we get to see what he can do to hit through the metronome (Daniil). It seems Medvedev is able to get almost everyone to succumb to playing his game, even Djokovic sometimes.
Hey we keeps have great minds I also picked Alcaraz in 4 , I was going to say 3 sets, though to be sure picked him in 4, Alcaraz has to play his own game and not get sucked into Meddy's game, he can force you to make UFE in your game

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gosh some people are sore losers arent they lol!
As I said before Alcaraz has more gears to go to in a match when needed, when I saw he was going to meet Rune in a QF I thought he would win, after winning Queens, Alcaraz has come on in leaps and bounds on grass, his return game has improved out of sight, especially in the match against Berrettini

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With all due respect, Sinner turns 22 in a few weeks so in comparison to the other two he hasn't progressed as quickly. Unlike them, he hasnt beaten Djokovic in a match or won a Masters tournament. I believe he is also 0-2 in matches with Rune. Rune is within 180 points of being top 4.

Now you know as well as the rest of us, not his fault i grant you, but Sinner’s draw opened up quite nicely for him to reach his first SF whereas Alcaraz/Rune had to meet each other in the QTRS. Good for Sinner that he took advantage from the draw from Heaven..

Having said that, if Sinner beats Djokovic I will be suitably impressed. ; )
True, but at the same time is not like 22 years old is old though.

By the way, Rune is one loss away from being 0-4 from Slam QF just like Sinner before this tournament so...;)