• Rune in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

My unbiased analysis:

The Danish Angel in five messy inefficient sets. I feel he walked the tightrope in the Fokina & Dimitrov matches and its prepped him enough.

The match will be the tennis version of “ War & Peace”, enough drama & angst & cursing & tears & roiling emotions and of course whatever is also happening on Carlos side of the net. : )
JF Isnt it just something that you feel is about to happen between the matchup with these two. So far its only you and I that are stepping out on faith that Holger will be the victor. IMO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm just being honest.. You are talking about a kid who is trying to find his way into the tennis world but I dont recall you making these statements about your countryman Kyrgios .. I get it you dont like Holger and I doubt if there's anything he could ever change about his personality that you would fancy.
I know you are a Holger fan, fair enough, he is talented, though I dont like his antics on court, and a player that I cant warm to,yes I have called out Nick when he behaves like an idoit, many times,
I prefer Alcaraz I think he is more focused and mature, at this stage has more gears to go to when needed in matches,I am entitled to my opinion just like you are okay Thanks

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

JF Isnt it just something that you feel is about to happen between the matchup with these two. So far its only you and I that are stepping out on faith that Holger will be the victor. IMO

Yes, young champs just step up and take it, they don’t wait their turn.

Players give lip service about wanting to play against the best, yada, yada, yada, but I suspect sometimes they are hoping their opponent gets upset.

I get the sense Holger actually relishes the prospect of playing Carlos on Centre Court.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok
I know you are a Holger fan, fair enough, he is talented, though I dont like his antics on court, and a player that I cant warm to,yes I have called out Nick when he behaves like an idoit, many times,
I prefer Alcaraz I think he is more focused and mature, at this stage has more gears to go to when needed in matches,I am entitled to my opinion just like you are okay Thanks
Don't get an attitude with me. I will get Keli @kskate2 on my side and you don't want those types of problems . Jajaja. Just kidding lol

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t mind players tanking a set, by the way, if they’re preserving energy for the next set. It’s gone on forever. It’s practical. I’ve seen greats do it.

Tanking matches? Now that’s a different thing. But you’re down 0-4 in the fourth, facing a fifth? I don’t see anything wrong with letting it slide..

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'll be working tomorrow (on my birthday), so I won't be able to comment on here during the match. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch part of this during my lunch break.

Reactions: Moxie and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tanking? Wow,
At least my favorite players past and present have not tanked, to conserve energy to try to win the match or the next set, I would rather see any player trying at any score line than give in,
Carry on!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Tanking? Wow,
At least my favorite players past and present have not tanked, to conserve energy to try to win the match or the next set, I would rather see any player trying at any score line than give in,
Carry on!
Name your favourite players and I’ll tell you if they did. All the great players I’ve seen have let a set slide when it was too much work to retrieve it, so they’ll be stronger in the next set..

:popcorn

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Name your favourite players and I’ll tell you if they did. All the great players I’ve seen have let a set slide when it was too much work to retrieve it, so they’ll be stronger in the next set..

:popcorn
What is this a quiz? my opinion is I dont like any player that is obvious in tanking or taking a MTO when their opponent has the momentum in a game, we have all seen it, that is my opinion and you are entitled to yours Thanks

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What is this a quiz? my opinion is I dont like any player that is obvious in tanking or taking a MTO when their opponent has the momentum in a game, we have all seen it, that is my opinion and you are entitled to yours Thanks
Mine isn’t opinion, mine is what I’ve seen. The important thing is to win the match. Did Holger win the match you accuse him of tanking a set in? I believe he did…

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mine isn’t opinion, mine is what I’ve seen. The important thing is to win the match. Did Holger win the match you accuse him of tanking a set in? I believe he did…
I agree, it is also what I have seen, I have to get ready for work, as I have just been called into the hopsital asap.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree, it is also what I have seen, I have to get ready for work, as I have just been called into the hopsital asap.
But…he did win the match? So his alleged tanking was actually a good strategy to help get him over the line..

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Roger Federer: 0 retirements and 0 medical timeouts in 1526 career matches. That's a record that will never be broken.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger Federer: 0 retirements and 0 medical timeouts in 1526 career matches. That's a record that will never be broken.
But! He did have an extraordinary record of never really being injured and never retiring from matches. Between you and me, that MTO in Australia wasn’t legit. He needed time out to regroup. Others do it, so why not him?

And happy birthday tomoro!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Too funny, Kyrgios tanks matches like a kid eating candy, throws rackets like a rocket launcher, even mocked a player by stating audibly courtside that his friend had slept with the player’s wife, etc and he’s a fave around here. Which is OK.

We all like who we like and we all dislike who we dislike, that’s just life. I confess Federer’s Gold Bavarian marching band outfits at W made me dislike the player no end. : )

However it’s the pearl clutching that amuses me. If you don’t like a player, no need to argue moral torpitude, LOL.