Administrator
Reactions
Who wins?

IMG_3038.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I fancy Carlos to win this. He’ll have to improve on today, but I think he would have played better today if he’d had to. Danii will be tough, simply because he’ll bang in 10 aces per set and as many non returnables, but still, Carlos can serve too, and return better, and has too much range for him.

I’m curious to see if Carlos is relaxed this time. He was cool today and his overexcitement in Paris might have been a one off. It’s all new experiences for him, and he hasn’t let himself down yet.

I’ll go wild and make a ridiculously specific, baseless prediction: he’ll lose the first set, but get under Dani’s skin and win in 4…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One thing Alcaraz must do is play his own game and not get sucked into Meddy's game where he can force, unforced errors in your game

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I choose the kid in 5. I just think Meddy will put up a fight

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m the contrarian in this matchup. I chose Daniil in 4. As I mentioned on another thread he has an uncanny knack for making almost everyone play his style of tennis. Carlos has been through a bit of a gauntlet and is due to have a letdown at some point. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I’m the contrarian in this matchup. I chose Daniil in 4. As I mentioned on another thread he has an uncanny knack for making almost everyone play his style of tennis. Carlos has been through a bit of a gauntlet and is due to have a letdown at some point. I hope I am wrong.

I'd've more faith in Daniil if he hadn't choked away that AO final last yr. vs Rafa! He had to work going 5 sets vs Eubanks! Anything can happen! :-)2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here we go Meddy choked away his final against Rafa in the AO final lol! people with their limited vision of actually what happened in the match:)
Then again I was waiting 'for that comment'

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here we go Meddy choked away his final against Rafa in the AO final lol! people with their limited vision of actually what happened in the match:)
Then again I was waiting 'for that comment'

I'd've more faith in Daniil if he hadn't choked away that AO final last yr. vs Rafa! He had to work going 5 sets vs Eubanks! Anything can happen! :-)2

Ugh ... Let’s not relitigate the AO final on this thread.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I could be completely wrong, but I am thinking Daniil is going to step up and Carlos may be a little flat. If Alcaraz wins, I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think this one is as hard to pick as the Rune one. Both are newbies at this level on grass. Daniil had declared war on it, as with clay, but seems to be warming to the task. Carlitos seems also to be finding his feet on the grass, but with the enthusiasm of youth, not the apprehension or Dostoevskian angst that Daniil suffers. Also, while Charlie defeated his junior rival in 3, Medvedev took the long route to getting past Cinderella Eubanks.

I don't put as much stock as others do in the notion that Medvedev can hypnotize Alcaraz into playing his game. Daniil himself has said that Carlitos has a first-strike game that is disconcerting. I went Alcaraz in 4, but if it goes 5, I almost favor Medvedev.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don’t think Alcaraz is going to find taking on Medvedev as daunting as Djokovic after all they both have the same number of slams: 1. Alcaraz can work through his game with anyone.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t think Alcaraz is going to find taking on Medvedev as daunting as Djokovic after all they both have the same number of slams: 1. Alcaraz can work through his game with anyone.
Hi Sunday, Alcaraz has to play his own game and not get sucked into playing Meddy,'s game, he can force, unforced errors in your game

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I fancy Carlos to win this. He’ll have to improve on today, but I think he would have played better today if he’d had to. Danii will be tough, simply because he’ll bang in 10 aces per set and as many non returnables, but still, Carlos can serve too, and return better, and has too much range for him.

I’m curious to see if Carlos is relaxed this time. He was cool today and his overexcitement in Paris might have been a one off. It’s all new experiences for him, and he hasn’t let himself down yet.

I’ll go wild and make a ridiculously specific, baseless prediction: he’ll lose the first set, but get under Dani’s skin and win in 4…
The real question is which one would Novak prefer NOT to Play against on Sunday..I truly felt like Chris Eubanks could be the type of player who can make the game very uncomfortable for Novak.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The real question is which one would Novak prefer NOT to Play against on Sunday..I truly felt like Chris Eubanks could be the type of player who can make the game very uncomfortable for Novak.
Nah, Eubanks is inexperienced. Novak would chew him up and spit him out. I think if Carlos plays his best, Novak would prefer not to play him..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Nah, Eubanks is inexperienced. Novak would chew him up and spit him out. I think if Carlos plays his best, Novak would prefer not to play him..
I think the mad Russian really may be more dangerous to Novak than Carlitos at this stage in their careers. His wingspan and long range really bothers Novak's game.

Reactions: Kieran