2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Breaking News!

Carlos Alcaraz has withdrawn from the AO, picked up a right leg injury in practice...bad luck Carlos, hopefully you will not be off the tour for long!
This is a huge shame. Not only is he the world No. 1, but he had been on such an upward trajectory before these last few injuries. A healthy Alcaraz would have had a good chance of winning the title.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a huge shame. Not only is he the world No. 1, but he had been on such an upward trajectory before these last few injuries. A healthy Alcaraz would have had a good chance of winning the title.
Indeed, he was just coming back from that AB injury, and now has picked up a leg injury during practice, hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the season, he is such a 'special player'

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Novak Djokovic all have a chance of leaving Australia ranked No 1, with the withdrawl of Carlos Alcaraz.
Tsitsipas can now pass Ruud for a top 2 seeding with a win ( in the United Cup)
Djokovic is top 4 seed and wont have to face Nadal ( or Nadal to face him) before the semi finals

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

There are only 2 players I'm concerned w/ when it comes to Novak winning his 10th AO & reacquiring the #1 ranking! Alcaraz's out anyway! Medvedev on tap in the SF of Adelaide tomorrow! That should be the final! The other SF is a sleeper; Nishioka vs Korda! :yawningface: :thinking-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Carlos Alcaraz ( via his twitter page)

"When I was at my best preseason, I picked up an injury through a chance, unnatural movement in training.This time it's the semimembranosus muscle in my right leg".
The semmimenbranosus muscle us the most medial of the 3 hamstring muscles, named because it has a flat tendon of orgin and lies posteramedially in the thigh,.it extends the hip joint and flexes the knee joint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Porjected seeding for AO ( with the withdrawal of Alcaraz)

1. Nadal
2. Ruud
3-4 Tsitsipas/ Djokovic
5-8 Rublev, FAA. Medvedev, Fritz
9-12 Rune, Hurkacz, Norrie, Zverev/Berrettini
13-16 Zverev/Berrettini, PCB, Sinner, Tiafoe

Note Tsitsipas #1 if GRE defeat ITA ( long shot) and Stef then wins his rubber in the final.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
News from USTA,
Mardy Fish is out as US Davis Cup Captain, after the controversial November snub, Rajeev Ram is back on for roster for the next tie in Uzbakistan. An interim captain for the tie will be named in the near future, as the USTA and Mardy Fish mutually agreed to move in a new direction with the DC captaincy in 2023.A full time captain will also be announced at a later date
Translation = Leave now and we'll be a bit more gracious w/ severance pay. In addition we'll tell everyone we all agreed to the terms forthwith...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching the 1st s/final between Korda and Nishioka in Adelaide
Korda winning 76(5) 1st set...he has put on some much needed muscle especially in the leg department, not as skinny, though to me he still has his father's Peter, overall physique.
BTW Nishioka can be a 'whinger' not really a fan of his carry on lol! at least this time he didnt ask for the Umpire Supervisor to come to his match,like the other day, when he was given a warning, in his match against Aussie Alexei.
Nishioka just got broken in his 1st service game, put his rackets in his bag and has called for the trainer to access his hip, I would not be surprised if he retires, as he spat his dummy when he got broken.No he has decided to play on lol!
Well that didnt last long waited till Korda hit one shot in his service game and Niskioka has retired and refused to shake the umpires hand...honestly grow up and show some manners, sad to say your not like your countryman Nishikori who is a good sportsman

Korda wins by retirement 76 (5) 1-0 and is the first player into the final in Adelaide

Last edited:
  • Haha

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
From Carlos Alcaraz ( via his twitter page)

"When I was at my best preseason, I picked up an injury through a chance, unnatural movement in training.This time it's the semimembranosus muscle in my right leg".
The semmimenbranosus muscle us the most medial of the 3 hamstring muscles, named because it has a flat tendon of orgin and lies posteramedially in the thigh,.it extends the hip joint and flexes the knee joint.
That’s terrible for him, and the tournament…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s terrible for him, and the tournament

Agree, he is just coming back from a ab injury and now this leg injury, hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the season
He is such a 'special young player "

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
There are only 2 players I'm concerned w/ when it comes to Novak winning his 10th AO & reacquiring the #1 ranking! Alcaraz's out anyway! Medvedev on tap in the SF of Adelaide tomorrow! That should be the final! The other SF is a sleeper; Nishioka vs Korda! :yawningface: :thinking-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
The way Novak's serve and BH is clicking, Its gonna take an act of God or a tennis "God" to prevent him from winning the title in Melbourne.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Netherlands Tallon Griekspoor defeats Benjamin Bonzi in 3 sets 46 75 63, to claim his first ATP title in Prune after a solid week!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Australian Open Men's singles top 8 seeds are set,
1. Nadal
2. Ruud
3. Tsitsipas
4. Djokovic
5. Rublev
6. FAA