27. Jiri Lehecka
28. Tomas Martin Etcheverry
29. Christopher Eubanks
30. Dan Evans
31. Adrian Mannarino
32. Ugo Humbert

shanghai_tournimage_2022.jpg

The Tournament:

The Shanghai Masters, also known as Shanghai Rolex Masters for sponsorship reasons, is a professional men's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts, and held annually in early October at the Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena in the Minhang District of Shanghai. The tournament is chronologically the eighth out of nine ATP Tour Masters 1000 events on the ATP Tour, and is the only one not played in Europe or North America.

The tournament was not held from 2020 to 2022 due to Chinese travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is expected to return in 2023 after pandemic restrictions lifted.[

About Shanghai:

Shanghai is one of the four direct-administered municipalities of the People's Republic of China (PRC). The city is located on the southern estuary of the Yangtze River, with the Huangpu River flowing through it. The population of the city proper is the third greatest in the world, with 24.89 million inhabitants in 2021, while the urban area is the most populous in China, with 39.3 million residents. As of 2018, the Greater Shanghai metropolitan area was estimated to produce a gross metropolitan product (nominal) of nearly 9.1 trillion RMB ($1.33 trillion). Shanghai is one of the world's major centers for finance, business and economics, research, science and technology, manufacturing, transportation, tourism, and culture, and the Port of Shanghai is the world's busiest container port.

Pudong_Shanghai_November_2017_panorama.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sissybadoba or whatever he goes by today is trending towards the drain…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFS,

Alcaraz vs Fritz
Tsitsipas vs Rublev
Ruud vs Rune
Sinner vs Medvedev

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFS,

Alcaraz vs Fritz
Tsitsipas vs Rublev
Ruud vs Rune
Sinner vs Medvedev
You’re right, Margaret, I was looking at the wrong page.

Sinner-Med would be my pick of the lot there..

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Watching repeat of Murray getting his just desserts' traveling around the world taking up draw space! Just what he needed, a 1st Rd. KO by someone few even know in Shanghai; Safullin! Will this help to knock some sense into him that he's wasting his time? Doubtful! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t think it’s only Novak, I think the season becomes like a punctured balloon this time of year. Who really cares about Shanghai?
Not many posters watched Beijing, I think it is also due to the time zone, which suits me fine it starts in the afternoon, so I can watch both men and the ladies,
Now the seeded players are about to start in Shanghai maybe posters will watch, I watched the young Frenchman Arthur Fils in his match today, in Shanghai, he has become one of my favorite youngsters at just 19, has a huge game, one to watch in 2024

Reactions: Kieran and tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Not many posters watched Beijing, I think it is also due to the time zone, which suits me fine it starts in the afternoon, so I can watch both men and the ladies,
Now the seeded players are about to start in Shanghai maybe posters will watch, I watched the young Frenchman Arthur Fils in his match today, in Shanghai, he has become one of my favorite youngsters at just 19, has a huge game, one to watch in 2024
Beijing was just weird, with the last 3 rounds played on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Who thought that one up?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Beijing was just weird, with the last 3 rounds played on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Who thought that one up?
A crazy Chinese schedule official :) no offence to Chinese people btw, quite frankly I have no idea why they did that

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Finally getting around to watching some of the tennis this evening. Roman Safiullin won handily over a weaponless Andy Murray. Once again Muzz sent a third of his serves into the middle of the net. Roman was playing some nice tennis, but it was kind of painful to watch the beat down.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Who do you guys see having the better 2024 season between Arthur Fils and Ben Shelton?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Who do you guys see having the better 2024 season between Arthur Fils and Ben Shelton?
I would like Ben to get a different coach than his dad, he is still green in areas of his game, Ben has soo much upside to his game, Fils has a huge game, I dont have a 'crystal ball' though Keli has and she may be able to help you :) I will just sit back and watch these 2 young men in 2024.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally getting around to watching some of the tennis this evening. Roman Safiullin won handily over a weaponless Andy Murray. Once again Muzz sent a third of his serves into the middle of the net. Roman was playing some nice tennis, but it was kind of painful to watch the beat down.
I decided to pass on that match, I see Muzz didnt take my advice, from his last match, and didnt go and practice his serve :)

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth