Rune vs Korda
Shelton v Baez
Karatsev vs Humbert
Tomas Martin Etcheverry vs Dimitrov

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I have tuned into Ben Shelton (3) vs R.Safiullin in Brisbane currently on serve, Ben serving at 3-4
Safiullin is reading Ben's serve well, he is able to block the return and get into the point, Ben DFs under pressure and Safiullin will serve for the 1st set 5-3
Safiullin 1st set 63 and has given Ben a lot to think about his game.
I have only seen Safiullin play a couple of times, I am impressed, he is a clean ball striker and goes after the ball and has good anticipation on the court, his fhand down the line so far in this match has been on 'fire'.
Ben really has to work on his return game and be able to build pressure, I have been saying this for some time
Bens serve helped him out in the TB he won the 2nd set 76(5) going 3 sets now
Ben having trouble with his serve DF and Safiullin will serve for the match 5-3 in the 3rd set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A really enjoyable match from Roman Safiullin who defeated Ben Shelton (3) 63 57(5) 63 a great striker of the ball, great anticipation of the court, takes the ball on and his fhand was a 'joy to watch' I also liked the way he return Ben's serve
Ben you have to work on your return game, making high risk returns, isnt the way to build pressure in a return game, just get the return back and build, you again showed impatience at times and it cost you big time in rallies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will be ' tennised out shortly :) next match is the No 1 seed at the Brisbane International Holger Rune taking on Aussie Max Purcell
BTW it is still raining in Brisbane and a lot of the matches on outside courts already cancelled for the day, including Korda vs Hanfmann
Max Purcell breaks to love and leads Rune 64 1st set, yet to lose a first serve point against the top seed
Rune has found the timing and rhythm now in his game wins the 2nd set 64 going 3
Rune d Purcell 46 64 62, when Holger found his timing and rhythm on the ball, in the 2nd set, he was far too good for Max.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I mentioned this on @El Dude's new game thread,

(Do play!)

...but has anyone else noticed that the ATP has "upgraded" their website and totally mucked it up?? I haven't tried that hard navigating it yet, but I'm pretty sure they made it worse.

• Angry

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I mentioned this on @El Dude's new game thread,

(Do play!)

...but has anyone else noticed that the ATP has "upgraded" their website and totally mucked it up?? I haven't tried that hard navigating it yet, but I'm pretty sure they made it worse.
It is a total disgrace the ATP website, the WTA website has always been a disgrace.I keep getting a message on the ATP website a few minutes ago No Match Play? across the ATP webiste lol!

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.