Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why wasn’t Nadal going to try to win if he didn’t know the scope of the injury he was dealing with with a shot at a Calendar Slam? Also, Nadal more than anyone rarely quits any match even if injured.

Shame on Taylor Fritz for not taking advantage of first serves coming at him like second serves and for not hitting to the backhand more it was a more sound tactic than what he was doing.

Trust me I’m as disappointed as any that Kyrgios got an easy out into the final because I don’t like him at all and would have loved to see if he could muster the challenge of moving from a semi to a final. The only person I would remotely cheer on in a final would have been Fritz or Norrie if he manages it. Kyrgios and Djokovic are meh af.
Taylor Fritz not being in the semis here, as I have said, is on him, and as you say, as well. I know Nick is controversial, and polarizing, but I DO like him, and hope he gets the win here that he is trying for. Many of us having been waiting for a Nick Kyrgios that seemed to care enough. I think we have him now, or certainly as close as we'll ever get. I do honestly believe that he's a great talent, and I find his game both thrilling and hilariously irreverent. I don't always agree with him, but I'd love to see him win Wimbledon. Particularly this year...if that makes sense.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Taylor Fritz not being in the semis here, as I have said, is on him, and as you say, as well. I know Nick is controversial, and polarizing, but I DO like him, and hope he gets the win here that he is trying for. Many of us having been waiting for a Nick Kyrgios that seemed to care enough. I think we have him now, or certainly as close as we'll ever get. I do honestly believe that he's a great talent, and I find his game both thrilling and hilariously irreverent. I don't always agree with him, but I'd love to see him win Wimbledon. Particularly this year...if that makes sense.

Novak needs it more to stay close to Rafa, but I can accept Nick taking his 1st major! A.B.N. I always say! :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-hand-over-mouth:- Anybody But Nadal:):-)2:lol6:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak needs it more to stay close to Rafa, but I can accept Nick taking his 1st major! A.B.N. I always say! :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-hand-over-mouth:- Anybody But Nadal:):-)2:lol6:
Wait...I thought you were ABTB3. You're hard to peg on that. :popcorn

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Wait...I thought you were ABTB3. You're hard to peg on that. :popcorn

It changes each era! Way back when it was Anybody But (Connors, then McEnroe, then Becker, turned to Agassi,), ending with Nadal today! Some players just rub me the wrong way! Nadal got on my bad side very early! Even at 18 I thought he was a jerk! There was an arrogance he was already carrying himself, demanding matches go at his pace, abusing the clock all the time by toweling off, arranging his bottles, and challenging any close ball; usually wrong! Overall I just don't particularly care to watch him play! They become interminable contest that go on and on and on! I left for a mani/pedi after 2nd set and got back only to find barely got halfway thru the 4th set! I said "Fritz is going to lose this!" It'was nothing Rafa did except hit balls that remarkably went right to him because Taylor wasn't smart enough to play "behind" him more! I really felt I could have stepped in "from my hey day" to finish that match off! :lol6: :lol6::lol6::lol6:

Taylor missed too many 1st serves and didn't take advantage of Rafa's 2nd serves! He blew this as what we call a serious "choke job!" If he had too much time to hit the ball, it became an adventure to see if he even keeps the ball in the court! Korda's disintegration up 2 breaks in the 3rd back at IW was one thing, but Fritz has a lot more experience and had defeated Nadal there! His hands must have been shaking to miss some of those sitters in that QF yesterday! This match will haunt him for years, maybe forever! How much did he lose in prize money; $200,000 at least? His wife is going to smack him when he gets home! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy::anxious-face-with-sweat::fearful-face:

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
His hands must have been shaking to miss some of those sitters in that QF yesterday! This match will haunt him for years, maybe forever! How much did he lose in prize money; $200,00 at least? His wife is going to smack him when he gets home! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy::anxious-face-with-sweat::fearful-face:
IF Fritz's girlfriend smacks him, rest assured she will post it on instagram or Tic toc.....

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
When Roger, Rafa and Novak takes it to the stealth level or mode where the UFEs are down to below 5 (per set) for the final few sets ( e.g. Rafa vs FAA at RG during the qtrs, set#5 FAA had 3 UFEs but Rafa has around the same number but hit 14 -15 winners or Novak's 3 set vs the Red Baron's bandwagon he had zero UFEs), these 3 become almost unbearable unless they're oppose by one of the terrific trio or a greater opposing force which is rare. I said it before, watch their footwork instead of their groundstrokes if you ever watch these 3 live, it's a pure display of the greatest masters of this game creating their own version of masterpieces. While they are taking control of the pace and spin of the ball, they are playing chess while others are just trying to win a single point. Yes they've been a few such as Stan, Andy Murray, JMDP and Medvedev who has broken through the Big 3s DMZ for lack of a better word. To beat defeat these guys you have to be committed to hit through Novak's and Rafa's defense for 4-5 sets. You can't take points off because it will come back to bite you in the end. I am not saying Nick ISN'T capable but just as Tsitipas Zverev and Thiem have all tried recently they weren't able to. (Although Thiem did win the USO non big 3 encounter). Entiendo mi amigos!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Figured this fits here as well as anywhere, without distrupting the main final thread. This one is for @Front242: Dustin Brown out Kyrgios-ing Nick, if you've never seen it. PS: I don't agree it's a "circus."