2022 Australian Open Men’s Final: Rafael Nadal vs. Daniil Medvedev

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't understand! What does better or equivalent execution of a shot have to do w/ the overall ability to "get it done?" I must be missing something! :lol6: :D :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
It's the talent to execute a shot under pressure or in dire straits..I'm trying to be transparent but if you can't I will end this part of the discussion. If I give you facts but you offer nothing of conjecture than this isn't least of all competitive Banter.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It's the talent to execute a shot under pressure or in dire straits..I'm trying to be transparent but if you can't I will end this part of the discussion. If I give you facts but you offer nothing of conjecture than this isn't least of all competitive Banter.

Now I know WTF! :lol6: The problem we have here is "I NEVER WATCHed A MOMENT" of the AO Final! I don't particularly care for either player or how they perform out there! Why would I watch? I can't contribute to the discussion at all since I have nothing in memory to go by! SORRY! :yawningface:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I know WTF! :lol6: The problem we have here is "I NEVER WATCHed A MOMENT" of the AO Final! I don't particularly care for either player or how they perform out there! Why would I watch? I can't contribute to the discussion at all since I have nothing in memory to go by! SORRY! :yawningface:
No prob

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe! Over the years the bar has moved several times! I'm sure some of us agreed Nole would give up a few AO's to get 1 FO yrs ago! How times have changed after winning his 2nd last yr.! As for Fedovic, they set themselves up and apart from Rafa in the record-books with a more diverse resume! Roger and Nole won 3 Slams in a season 3 times; Rafa once! The YEC is hard to overlook where the likes of Davydenko & Dimitrov are on the Cup with a conspicuous omission of an ATG! Those are glaring gaps in his resume! All 3 have them! :yes:

Borg's was the USO! For Laver it was the WCT Chp.! Now it's all about the MAJORS! Since it's so close, what else can be done but to shred their records down to minutia? I'm looking at Masters, YEC's, & weeks at #1! Rafa winning 13 at one event eclipsed about all the greats in Paris alone! My animus might have been residual feelings after failed attempts by Roger & Novak losing those FO finals! They just wanted 1 out of all those moments 10-15 years ago! WOW! :astonished-face: There will be obvious opposing views, but I'm well documented on here and elsewhere! :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::lol6::yes:
I can't believe you're still hammering on about Fed and Djoker having a more diverse resume, right after Rafa wins the AO again. Roger doesn't have 2 Majors at each, and that matters. As I mentioned to you above, we can slice and dice their accomplishments in various ways, not just the ways you choose to.
AP says "No Prob" that you didn't watch, but I don't. If you refuse to watch an amazing win by one of the Big 3, then you lose more than your right to comment on the match. You have been blinkered by your prejudice against Nadal for a really long time, and your opinion of him is ossified since many years back. If you care about tennis enough to argue for pages here, you really ought to stay up-to-date. At least you copped to not watching, and I get that it was in the middle of the night. But it did finish in the early morning, and you could have tuned in. I do agree that it is too long to watch, after the fact, if you're disinclined. But don't try to sell your notion of Nadal being lesser without having watched that match. He was stunning, not only in his mental fortitude, but in his adaptability to the Medvedev game. Neither Novak nor Roger has such an amazing comeback match in a final. And I include the 2019 Wimbledon.

Reactions: the AntiPusher