2018 NBA Finals: Warriors - Cavs (Part 4)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Jeepers but it's becoming seriously lopsided between East and West. They might really have to consider seedings instead of the winners of the ECF vs winners of WCF

If there was ever a time to do that it would be now. I just don't see them ever doing that possibly because all the other major team sports in the US also have separate conferences. And if you did seed them all 1-16 the NBA would have to adjust schedules for all teams to play each other an equal amount or close to it. It'd mean more travel for the players and they already have tons of that.

Reactions: Federberg

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If there was ever a time to do that it would be now. I just don't see them ever doing that possibly because all the other major team sports in the US also have separate conferences. And if you did seed them all 1-16 the NBA would have to adjust schedules for all teams to play each other an equal amount or close to it. It'd mean more travel for the players and they already have tons of that.
Well then the union would have to get involved.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lakers pick up Raging Rajon Rondo. I hate that guy but I can't deny that he makes every team better and it's a good move. I wonder if they are going to move Ball now in a package for Kawhi or someone else. One thing is clear, LeBron will be playing off the ball a lot more and it seems to be what he wanted.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
LMAO at Warriors getting Cousins. Is all this really friggin necessary? And he is playing for $5 mill? The 800 pound Sumo of the NBA just gets fatter.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
LMAO at Warriors getting Cousins. Is all this really friggin necessary? And he is playing for $5 mill? The 800 pound Sumo of the NBA just gets fatter.
Absolutely insane. There should be anti trust on this one.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kawhi to Toronto??? Didn't see that one coming. What you think @Murat Baslamisli ?

I can't picture him resigning but that does give them a chance to win the East this year.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Kawhi to Toronto??? Didn't see that one coming. What you think @Murat Baslamisli ?

I can't picture him resigning but that does give them a chance to win the East this year.

This was in the works for a while. It is a tricky one in that Leonard's health is an issue and he is a free agent next year. He has shown no interest in signing long term with anyone except LA teams. But Masai Ujiri is a persuasive dude. He can explain the possibilities here...

I love Demar and he is probably very upset right now but a change of sceneary is a good thing sometimes.
The fillers in the trade are important too though. I do not want Raptors bench (the best bench in the league last season) to be dismantled.

Overall, I will take the final's MVP. He is a great player . As long as he is willing to play. Lowry and him will make a good combo. And with Lebron gone...There are possibilities.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This was in the works for a while. It is a tricky one in that Leonard's health is an issue and he is a free agent next year. He has shown no interest in signing long term with anyone except LA teams. But Masai Ujiri is a persuasive dude. He can explain the possibilities here...

I love Demar and he is probably very upset right now but a change of sceneary is a good thing sometimes.
The fillers in the trade are important too though. I do not want Raptors bench (the best bench in the league last season) to be dismantled.

Overall, I will take the final's MVP. He is a great player . As long as he is willing to play. Lowry and him will make a good combo. And with Lebron gone...There are possibilities.

I'm also just hoping he actually plays for you guys next year. This has the makings of a disaster :facepalm: It's almost certainly a one-year rental but that's better than trading your best player for a disgruntled dude who is going to refuse to play.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I'm also just hoping he actually plays for you guys next year. This has the makings of a disaster :facepalm: It's almost certainly a one-year rental but that's better than trading your best player for a disgruntled dude who is going to refuse to play.
I think he needs to play and play well to deserve that big contract. I am not signing a guy whose character I question. He is a pro, this is the job. Do it. And once he plays up to his potential, Raptors are better than last year. That might mean finals. At that point, you may reconsider where you will sign long term.
Obviously a lot of ifs :)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he needs to play and play well to deserve that big contract. I am not signing a guy whose character I question. He is a pro, this is the job. Do it. And once he plays up to his potential, Raptors are better than last year. That might mean finals. At that point, you may reconsider where you will sign long term.
Obviously a lot of ifs :)

He will get paid a lot by LA no matter what and he knows it. That's why he may pull the ultimate snake move and refuse to play next year. I hope it works out for you, it's going to look bad if they traded DeRozan and a 1st rounder for Danny Green :negative:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
He will get paid a lot by LA no matter what and he knows it. That's why he may pull the ultimate snake move and refuse to play next year. I hope it works out for you, it's going to look bad if they traded DeRozan and a 1st rounder for Danny Green :negative:
I am not sure what the rule regarding this is but if he chooses to sit out, doesn't he have to wait an extra year for free agency?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not sure what the rule regarding this is but if he chooses to sit out, doesn't he have to wait an extra year for free agency?

Not sure, but he could always claim injury. Not to frighten you but I see one of two things happening. He refuses to play altogether or he plays for a few weeks, claims injury and then sits out the rest of the year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 3
Federberg Other Sports 90
DarthFed Other Sports 613
DarthFed Other Sports 659