2018 NBA Finals: Warriors - Cavs (Part 4)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought it'd be best to start a separate thread. How does everyone see this going and in how many games?

I really don't see it going more than 4. Only legit chance for a Cleveland win is at home with LeBron going off for 45 and the LeBronettes being hot from 3 all game. Looking at last year the Cavs had Kyrie and Bron had 34, 12, 10 on 56% shooting and it was still over in 5. The only positive for Cleveland comparing last year is that it was probably the best Durant has ever played too. Durant and Curry have been up and down during the playoffs but they would both have to be awful for Cleveland to make this a competitive series. Even with LeBron it's tough to picture him outdoing what he did last year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hear you man. On paper they are the team that should've easily taken advantage of that collection of guys Cleveland is passing off as an NBA team. Shows what can happen when someone is in your head in bball.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Forgot to ask you,@Murat Baslamisli what do you think of the Raps firing Casey and who are you hoping for a replacement?

It was the most unfair firing in the NBA history that had to be done ...if that makes any sense. Because, how do you expect these guys to listen to him when the next post season comes along. It was going to be impossible. He had to go. And I hate it.

I honestly do not have a favorite for a coach. I think it will depend on the roster moves that the team will make, if any. I think they will not touch the bench, it is as good as anyone else's. If they keep the core intact, I don't care who coaches them, they will play the same way. If Lowry or DeRozan or both move, things may get interesting.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It was the most unfair firing in the NBA history that had to be done ...if that makes any sense. Because, how do you expect these guys to listen to him when the next post season comes along. It was going to be impossible. He had to go. And I hate it.

I honestly do not have a favorite for a coach. I think it will depend on the roster moves that the team will make, if any. I think they will not touch the bench, it is as good as anyone else's. If they keep the core intact, I don't care who coaches them, they will play the same way. If Lowry or DeRozan or both move, things may get interesting.

Totally agree. It was a necessary change as tough as it is. Will be interesting to see what they can do with the roster and of course the biggest factor is where LeBron lands. As bad as Toronto looked against Bron, I think they'd have beaten Boston easier than the Cavs did. I also think they'd have given the Warriors more competition in the finals though not by much.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow... some of these pundits. So because Iguodala isn't playing tonight, the Cavs are going to sneak a win? :facepalm: I guess they have to talk smack to get the interest up. It's like one of those Tyson fights when he's fighting some past in fighter. We all know what's going to happen, but in order to get the punters through the door they claim the other guy has a punchers chance. Jeez...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow... some of these pundits. So because Iguodala isn't playing tonight, the Cavs are going to sneak a win? :facepalm: I guess they have to talk smack to get the interest up. It's like one of those Tyson fights when he's fighting some past in fighter. We all know what's going to happen, but in order to get the punters through the door they claim the other guy has a punchers chance. Jeez...

It's kind of silly as there will be tons of viewers anyways. I actually enjoy this as a bball fan as you have one of the greatest players ever, hell I'd say one of the greatest athletes ever, going against one of the greatest teams any sport has seen. The army will beat the one man but it's still going to be a good show. I also saw that viewership in the conference finals was very good, the league is plenty healthy even without pretending this is going to be a remotely competitive series.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
LeBron has 24 on 9-11 shooting, Love and Nantz have had a good 1st half, Durant isn't doing too much and...it's still tied. That's got to be demoralizing already especially since they didn't rest Bron until 6 minutes to go in the half.

Warriors defense has been pretty bad, it's not just that they are giving LeBron a layup drill, they are also not really stopping the others. Cleveland could've scored a lot more but they missed a lot of open looks. But still...tied. Any doubt GS wins this by more than 10?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Exciting finish in the 4th. If the Cavs win this it may go 6. Honestly nothing I've seen makes me think Cleveland can win 4 times out of 7.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL at JR. Yeah they're going to lose this. Zebras really screwed the Cavs in the 4th in this game too.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also, Lebron James is the best basketball player of all time. And I can't believe I'm typing that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Also, Lebron James is the best basketball player of all time. And I can't believe I'm typing that.

No, I disagree with that. It's easy to lose track of just how much the handcheck rule changed the game but it's a big deal. Getting rid of that immediately inflated perimeter players and totally changed the game. Obviously LeBron would thrive in any era but if you could handcheck him it's just going to be a lot easier to somewhat slow him down.

Also the thing about Bron now is that he can't play both ends for 40 + minutes for a whole series. He can play great defense of course but it's not consistent because he has to save himself on offense since he is all they have.

With that said if I'm taking one player in history and my team sucks I'm picking James. If my team is average or good give me MJ.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I do think that the rules change makes it unfair to compare.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There really is no reason to play JR at this point. He's making me look stupid for defending his defense, he is worthless on offense and clearly the undisputed dumbest clown on court after this game.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
There really is no reason to play JR at this point. He's making me look stupid for defending his defense, he is worthless on offense and clearly the undisputed dumbest clown on court after this game.
I WON'T say i told ya so, but if JR wasnt playing basketball he would be flipping burgers at jack n the box

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I WON'T say i told ya so, but if JR wasnt playing basketball he would be flipping burgers at jack n the box

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the workforce. There's stupid and careless and then there's him.

Apparently in his interview he said that he knew the game was tied. What a bunch of BS. You just pulled off one of the dumbest moves in NBA history, might as well own up to it.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't want him anywhere near the workforce. There's stupid and careless and then there's him.

Apparently in his interview he said that he knew the game was tied. What a bunch of BS. You just pulled off one of the dumbest moves in NBA history, might as well own up to it.
yup. He subtly tried to throw the blame Lebron's way. Saying that he thought Lebron was going to call a timeout

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

His interview responses made him look more of an idiot and neanthral . If you know the game is tied. Why in creation would you dribble toward the opposing basket instead of trying to score to win. He ruined Lebron's brilliant effort. JR will be out of the league this time next year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 3
Federberg Other Sports 90
DarthFed Other Sports 613
DarthFed Other Sports 659