2018 NBA Finals: Warriors - Cavs (Part 4)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It is amazing that the guy is 3-6 in Finals but his team has been the heavy underdog in all but one that they lost and they were obviously underdogs in 2016. That Mavs choke may end up being the true killer for him. Assuming he goes to a good team he's probably winning more rings.
i meant the 6 time not team.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It appears that Kawhi wants to leave Pop and the Spurs.. Hear comes maybe the next super team if he goes to LA with Lebron and George Paul

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
God I hope not but Lakers may pull it off. Kawhi is looking like a real bi*** in all this.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
God I hope not but Lakers may pull it off. Kawhi is looking like a real bi*** in all this.

Lol! I'm getting the sense from you that you'll take the side of teams over players every time. First Kyrie and now Kawhi. After I.T's experience in Boston I'm surprised you don't have any sympathy for Kawhi

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol! I'm getting the sense from you that you'll take the side of teams over players every time. First Kyrie and now Kawhi. After I.T's experience in Boston I'm surprised you don't have any sympathy for Kawhi

Not every time but Kawhi is looking soft in all this. Everyone knows Pops is a tough coach but he's also one of the all-time greats. He is not the type to put up with a Derrick Rose type situation.

When Kobe made the Lakers get rid of Shaq so he could chase his own glory I had sympathy for the Lakers but think they should've called Kobe's bluff for at least one or two more years. Sometimes players, especially when we are talking NBA players, can be extremely difficult. And the better they are, the more power they have. Look at LeBron, a big part of the problem is you can't say no to him even when he is going to do shit to make your team weaker down the road.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not every time but Kawhi is looking soft in all this. Everyone knows Pops is a tough coach but he's also one of the all-time greats. He is not the type to put up with a Derrick Rose type situation.

When Kobe made the Lakers get rid of Shaq so he could chase his own glory I had sympathy for the Lakers but think they should've called Kobe's bluff for at least one or two more years. Sometimes players, especially when we are talking NBA players, can be extremely difficult. And the better they are, the more power they have. Look at LeBron, a big part of the problem is you can't say no to him even when he is going to do shit to make your team weaker down the road.

I'm on Kawhi's side in this. Look at the guy. Does he seem like some flighty dude? Absolutely not. For him to have been pushed to this, it speaks badly of the Spurs. And this is just a year after they almost blew it with LaMarcus Aldridge. Getting other Spurs players to call him out is beyond classless. You do stuff like that and then you expect the player to come back to the fold afterwards? You're talking about multi-millionaires here. It's either remarkably incompetent or... actually.. there's no other option...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a little sympathy for badly hurt players who simply have a mental block about coming back. But as a team what are they supposed to say when a player is cleared yet refuses to come back? Pops is just not a guy who is going to put up with that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a little sympathy for badly hurt players who simply have a mental block about coming back. But as a team what are they supposed to say when a player is cleared yet refuses to come back? Pops is just not a guy who is going to put up with that.
To me it very much depends on the player. And that's what surprises me about Pop. You can't tell me that Kawhi is the sort of player who's suddenly afraid to play. This is a tough tough guy who doesn't feel fully fit. Just look at what happened to I.T in Boston. These teams will drop you with no conscience if they get the call wrong and ruin your career. Kawhi not only has every right to be cautious in the face of a massive super max, he would be derelict in his duty as business man not to take care. For the case against Kawhi to be valid you have to believe that a player who has never shown any unprofessional attitude is suddenly a flake, it doesn't wash

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
To me it very much depends on the player. And that's what surprises me about Pop. You can't tell me that Kawhi is the sort of player who's suddenly afraid to play. This is a tough tough guy who doesn't feel fully fit. Just look at what happened to I.T in Boston. These teams will drop you with no conscience if they get the call wrong and ruin your career. Kawhi not only has every right to be cautious in the face of a massive super max, he would be derelict in his duty as business man not to take care. For the case against Kawhi to be valid you have to believe that a player who has never shown any unprofessional attitude is suddenly a flake, it doesn't wash

I feel like you're only looking at this from the player's perspective though. The Spurs with Leonard are an elite team and the guy was medically cleared to play early on and refuses to do so. At what point do you balance loyalty to a player with a desire to compete for a championship?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel like you're only looking at this from the player's perspective though. The Spurs with Leonard are an elite team and the guy was medically cleared to play early on and refuses to do so. At what point do you balance loyalty to a player with a desire to compete for a championship?
Again Darth..I side with Federerberg on this one..there’s something broken in Kawhi ‘s relationship with Pop and the Spurs organization that he doesn’t feel that can be repaired.Although the Spurs team is a very player friendly organization, its the player’s choice if he wants to leave. I do believe Kawhi was injured and felt that his rehabilitation with the team’s medical team was not the working.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Again Darth..I side with Federerberg on this one..there’s something broken in Kawhi ‘s relationship with Pop and the Spurs organization that he doesn’t feel that can be repaired.Although the Spurs team is a very player friendly organization, its the player’s choice if he wants to leave. I do believe Kawhi was injured and felt that his rehabilitation with the team’s medical team was not the working.

You live to disagree with me AP. You're just happy your team may be very relevant again. Pour yourself some of that bourbon and make it neat. I would if Kawhi and possibly LeBron was coming to my squad!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm a capitalist :) Couldn't resist stating that :D Teams have made mistakes regarding players health. I'm actually a bit surprised you don't see the players perspective here. We're talking about the potential to lose out on a super max contract if the team gets it wrong, just look at I.T in Boston

Are you really saying you think that Kawhi would go on strike if he was healthy? Come on man. I see nothing in his personality that indicates he's that type of guy. This is life changing stuff. I guarantee if it was you, you would do exactly the same thing if you had concerns. The Spurs wouldn't hesitate to withhold that deal if it turns out Kawhi came back too early. It's the name of the game, it's business. Just look at GSW, when they thought Steph was injury prone they gave him a shitty contract. Also please stop talking about player loyalty. That's something from a past century, this is big business

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm a capitalist :) Couldn't resist stating that :D Teams have made mistakes regarding players health. I'm actually a bit surprised you don't see the players perspective here. We're talking about the potential to lose out on a super max contract if the team gets it wrong, just look at I.T in Boston

Are you really saying you think that Kawhi would go on strike if he was healthy? Come on man. I see nothing in his personality that indicates he's that type of guy. This is life changing stuff. I guarantee if it was you, you would do exactly the same thing if you had concerns. The Spurs wouldn't hesitate to withhold that deal if it turns out Kawhi came back too early. It's the name of the game, it's business. Just look at GSW, when they thought Steph was injury prone they gave him a shitty contract. Also please stop talking about player loyalty. That's something from a past century, this is big business

We agree that individuals and team management can, will, and should look after themselves first and foremost. But when you're a superstar and have been medically cleared for a long time and refuse to play I don't know what you expect from your team. He certainly isn't in a position to be upset with the Spurs. It's impossible to know if Pops and others crossed a line or if he just was hyper-sensitive about being taken to task. Everyone knows with him they are elite, without him there is no hope. Would you have the Spurs baby him all this past season and possibly next? Who is to say he wouldn't have done this next year as well before his contract was up?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You live to disagree with me AP. You're just happy your team may be very relevant again. Pour yourself some of that bourbon and make it neat. I would if Kawhi and possibly LeBron was coming to my squad!
Oh Darth my friend..you know me too well.. however I can’t give up on da Dubs..I got to ride this thing out to fruition

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
We agree that individuals and team management can, will, and should look after themselves first and foremost. But when you're a superstar and have been medically cleared for a long time and refuse to play I don't know what you expect from your team. He certainly isn't in a position to be upset with the Spurs. It's impossible to know if Pops and others crossed a line or if he just was hyper-sensitive about being taken to task. Everyone knows with him they are elite, without him there is no hope. Would you have the Spurs baby him all this past season and possibly next? Who is to say he wouldn't have done this next year as well before his contract was up?
He has every right to be upset. Having some of the players come out and insinuate there was nothing wrong with him was amateur. What about team integrity after that? If Pop had nothing to do with that he should have come out and stuck up for him. The idea that Kawhi was just refusing to play and there was nothing wrong with him doesn't wash. Not from what we know about the player. There's a time where you have to decide if you believe in your players, and they failed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm shocked that Paul George is staying with the Thunder. With that said I never though he was enough to get LeBron to go to LA but Kawhi might be. That's the inside knowledge us common folk didn't know when the LeBron to LA rumors started. I'm guessing LeBron knew Kawhi might try to go there. And apparently Bron has been texting KD to join LA which is just ridiculous. I know there is obvious tampering that management of teams cant do but I wish it'd extend to players as well. LeBron trying to dictate where others should play is annoying and that type of crap bothers me more than the Decision did.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm shocked that Paul George is staying with the Thunder. With that said I never though he was enough to get LeBron to go to LA but Kawhi might be. That's the inside knowledge us common folk didn't know when the LeBron to LA rumors started. I'm guessing LeBron knew Kawhi might try to go there. And apparently Bron has been texting KD to join LA which is just ridiculous. I know there is obvious tampering that management of teams cant do but I wish it'd extend to players as well. LeBron trying to dictate where others should play is annoying and that type of crap bothers me more than the Decision did.
Lebron punkass just signed a 4 year $154 millions to join Levar and the Lakers..Good Grief God help Us alk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 3
Federberg Other Sports 90
DarthFed Other Sports 613
DarthFed Other Sports 659