2018 NBA Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pretty exciting finish to the year as a lot was decided on the last night. With that said there are only a few potentially good first round matchups:

Portland - New Orleans. I'm going with the slight upset and picking New Orleans

OKC - Utah. I don't consider Utah winning an upset here, they are red hot and the Thunder were overhyped from the start.

Out East there isn't anything too exciting. The Bucks are playing awful, I really hope Giannis just takes it easy this offseason as I think his knee is a bigger issue than he's let on. They are playing a banged up Celtics team but that probably won't matter.

76ers - Heat may be competitive. Philly is hot but the playoffs are a different animal.

It will be interesting to see how the Warriors play. If Steph is 100% or close to it I still think they get past the Rockets.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Pretty exciting finish to the year as a lot was decided on the last night. With that said there are only a few potentially good first round matchups:

Portland - New Orleans. I'm going with the slight upset and picking New Orleans

OKC - Utah. I don't consider Utah winning an upset here, they are red hot and the Thunder were overhyped from the start.

Out East there isn't anything too exciting. The Bucks are playing awful, I really hope Giannis just takes it easy this offseason as I think his knee is a bigger issue than he's let on. They are playing a banged up Celtics team but that probably won't matter.

76ers - Heat may be competitive. Philly is hot but the playoffs are a different animal.

It will be interesting to see how the Warriors play. If Steph is 100% or close to it I still think they get past the Rockets.
I doubt if the pelicans can defeat Portland.. those the trailblazers guards are a lot to handle...76ers are tough and the guard number draft choice point guard finally has found his way.. I think they cause matchup problems for Lebron and Khole Kardashian’s baby daddy’s team

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Portland is always ovarated my friend but we shall see. The Brow is a monster and that team is hot.

The LeBrons wouldn't meet Simmons and co until the ECF. If it gets there it will be the LeBrons winning. The baby daddy may be a distraction with the Kardashian curse after it came out that he's banging a bunch of girls on the side. Such a huge shock I know.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
My less than bold prediction is that Simmons is going to end up the greatest international player to date. Better than Dirk, Yao, Giannis, etc. I consider Kobe a .5 version of MJ but this Simmons is going to be like a .75 or higher version of LeBron.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My less than bold prediction is that Simmons is going to end up the greatest international player to date. Better than Dirk, Yao, Giannis, etc. I consider Kobe a .5 version of MJ but this Simmons is going to be like a .75 or higher version of LeBron.
Man.. that’s a stretch to be better than Dirk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Portland is always ovarated my friend but we shall see. The Brow is a monster and that team is hot.

The LeBrons wouldn't meet Simmons and co until the ECF. If it gets there it will be the LeBrons winning. The baby daddy may be a distraction with the Kardashian curse after it came out that he's banging a bunch of girls on the side. Such a huge shock I know.
Yeah..those Kardashian’s pick very poor mates but maybe its because they are not good citizens themselves.. I do like Khole..Maybe in another life, I would’ve been able to went a few rounds with Kim, Kourtney and Khole.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Their financial and other "assets" would be worth that drama. I honestly don't get sick of them or those hot as hell half-sisters Kendall and Kylie.

Kind of off subject but did you see OJ vs. The People? Was kind of cool seeing how it all started for that family when the crazy girls were young.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ehh, hardly. He gets a bit overrated himself.
Dirk may not have the basketball savy of Magic or Larry Bird, but man that dude can shoot.. Can you imagine if he would’ve ever played with Lebron or Magic.. those guys would have been able to average 33 points or higher because Dirk would force the opposing center come out to the perimeter to guard him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't get me wrong he was a great, great player. But I think he gets overrated a bit and it has to do with longevity and the fact that he's been the greatest international player in the NBA to date. But I've seen lists with him around the Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon, Karl Malone group and he doesn't belong that high IMO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I know you disagree DF, but the evidence just keeps on mounting. I'm not convinced KD is a better player than Curry. I know you say if you were starting a team from scratch you would pick Durant before Curry. I think the evidence suggests you should pick Curry before Durant. You say that Curry uniquely fits in with the Warriors system, but there's really no evidence to suggest that. It seems to me the spacing he creates would work on other teams as well. For KD to be an earlier pick than Curry he would at least have to have the leadership skills to carry a team. But he didn't do that at OKC, he's not doing it at Golden State. At what point does one just accept what your lying eyes tell you? Meanwhile would Curry be a lesser shooter on another team? I don't think so, he is what he is, and it's that innate ability not the system that would make him a monster threat and create the same spacing advantages he gives to Golden State. We need to accept the evidence it's right in front of us

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope you aren't reading too much into the last two weeks. They've been locked into the #2 seed and resting most of the team. Also I think you may be reading too much into the regular season. LeBron isn't the best player in the world in the regular season and he hasn't been for many years now, the reason he is considered the best by a country mile is that come playoffs he steps it up a few gears. Curry has not been that impressive in the playoffs when the defenses get a lot tighter. In particular he has not been impressive in the finals. Last year was the first time he didn't badly underperform in the finals but Durant was still easily the best player on that team in the finals last year.

Anyways it is close enough between those guys (Curry and Durant) that an argument can be made for either. I agree with a lot of what BS wrote but he also made it sound like an easy choice between those two and I disagree with that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I know you disagree DF, but the evidence just keeps on mounting. I'm not convinced KD is a better player than Curry. I know you say if you were starting a team from scratch you would pick Durant before Curry. I think the evidence suggests you should pick Curry before Durant. You say that Curry uniquely fits in with the Warriors system, but there's really no evidence to suggest that. It seems to me the spacing he creates would work on other teams as well. For KD to be an earlier pick than Curry he would at least have to have the leadership skills to carry a team. But he didn't do that at OKC, he's not doing it at Golden State. At what point does one just accept what your lying eyes tell you? Meanwhile would Curry be a lesser shooter on another team? I don't think so, he is what he is, and it's that innate ability not the system that would make him a monster threat and create the same spacing advantages he gives to Golden State. We need to accept the evidence it's right in front of us
Durant is a much better player than Step..that’s not even worth having an discussion..However for the Dubs, Step makes the other players so much better because he spread the floor with his ability to shoot well beyond the designated 3 point line. Just look at Javelle McGee or to a greater extent Draymond Green who can camp out underneath the boards and gain valuable positioning because of all the attention Step garners. KD can take over any game at any moment against anyone..he proved this during last year’s playoffs. KD makes the Dubs special, the combination of Step and KD makes the Dubs extraordinary.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Durant is a much better player than Step..that’s not even worth having an discussion..However for the Dubs, Step makes the other players so much better because he spread the floor with his ability to shoot well beyond the designated 3 point line. Just look at Javelle McGee or to a greater extent Draymond Green who can camp out underneath the boards and gain valuable positioning because of all the attention Step garners. KD can take over any game at any moment against anyone..he proved this during last year’s playoffs. KD makes the Dubs special, the combination of Step and KD makes the Dubs extraordinary.
statements like that don't make much sense to me. I watched last years playoffs. Now I'm not a basketball aficionado, but over the last few years I've found myself unconsciously moving away from NFL to basketball. What I saw in last years playoffs was Curry being the perfect partner for KD. If that wasn't clear to me it as the playoffs progressed it became irrefutable in the finals. The sheer panic Curry generated amongst the Cavs gave KD so much freedom to play. Even with all the attention focussed on him Steph's numbers were not far behind KD's. Even if you disagree about Curry, it's quite clear who the Cavs saw as their ultimate threat. Clearly the Cavs disagree with you

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
NBA playoffs. My fave time of year. Today kicks off 2 months of what I like to call Do or Die B-ball. :good:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
statements like that don't make much sense to me. I watched last years playoffs. Now I'm not a basketball aficionado, but over the last few years I've found myself unconsciously moving away from NFL to basketball. What I saw in last years playoffs was Curry being the perfect partner for KD. If that wasn't clear to me it as the playoffs progressed it became irrefutable in the finals. The sheer panic Curry generated amongst the Cavs gave KD so much freedom to play. Even with all the attention focussed on him Steph's numbers were not far behind KD's. Even if you disagree about Curry, it's quite clear who the Cavs saw as their ultimate threat. Clearly the Cavs disagree with you

See again I disagree that he's much better. But when it comes to the NBA the regular season really doesn't matter too much, it's way too long. Of course it's not meaningless but again if you just watch during the 82 game marathon you'd come away thinking guys like Harden and Westbrook are the two best players in the league. Come the playoffs that's when we can judge greatness and I think Durant has been better than Curry for the most part.

Also I'd say Curry having a much better finals last year is the result of Durant taking the pressure off. I think clearly they were more worried about KD, they put LeBron on him and one of the worst defenders in the league (Kyrie) on Curry.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
NBA playoffs. My fave time of year. Today kicks off 2 months of what I like to call Do or Die B-ball. :good:
I am gonna attend next Sunday's game in Milwaukee with my basketball team buddies.As Darth and KS can attest to, its the best bargin in the midwest..the tickets are extremely affordable and the Bucks are much better team.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Wash trying to clown the Raps in their own building. The 8 seed taking it to the Raps.