2014 FIFA World Cup

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Was today's the last goal for Villa in Spanish international competition? That is what I think I heard on the tele.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yes he is retiring fromm international football..and prob joining a MLS club in usa.

59 goals in 97 apps..spains record goalscorer..9 goals in wc finals (2006 three, 2010 five, 2014 one)..one of my fav players.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Messi hits a lovely penalty kick into the upper corner just before halftime. What a goal! Nothing the goalkeeper could do with that one. Messi now has 4 goals and me things a trick of the hat is on the way in the second half.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shawnbm said:
Messi hits a lovely penalty kick into the upper corner just before halftime. What a goal! Nothing the goalkeeper could do with that one. Messi now has 4 goals and me things a trick of the hat is on the way in the second half.

penalty kick ? :snigger wut ?. are you new to football ?.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
glory to the glorious messi.

as glorious messi scores 2 glorious goals to be level with neymar on 4 goals at this glorious world cup.

oh the glory.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
shawnbm said:

penalty kick ? :snigger wut ?. are you new to football ?.

HOly moly, I wrote penalty!!! I meant free kick, but probably was thinking of issues at work (which is where I am--only saw a glimpse of the game for a few minutes). Not new to football, but certainly not as regular a viewer as some are here. I watch the Cup, El Clasico and a few other games now and then, mostly from the Spanish or English leagues.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hopefully this thread is a generous place for folks like me who only nip into futbol, but enjoy it, especially the World Cup. Was arranging to view US v. Germany with friends, just because the dates worked…we thought it would fun but futile to cheer for the US. Who knew it was going to be a nail-biter?!

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Suarez hit with a 4-month ban. The dude is bat$hit insane.

As much as the surprises this World Cup has produced were enjoyable, I can't help but feel they might deplete its quality come the knockout stages.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Broken_Shoelace said:
Suarez hit with a 4-month ban. The dude is bat$hit insane.

As much as the surprises this World Cup has produced were enjoyable, I can't help but feel they might deplete its quality come the knockout stages.

You may be right. When it is win or go home time, the defensive play will be unavoidable. I hope you are wrong though.

And the penalty Suarez got is perfectly fair. That guy is a fry shy of a happy mean.:nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
usa have qualified..at the expense of Portugal who needed to win 6-1.. I think over Ghana but only won 2-1. Ronaldo finally scored.

the president was allegedly watching onboard airforce one lol.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Algeria qualified for fist time ever into the second rd..and Russia are out..<<<HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. clown capello flops and putin cried into his gayhate mug of neo-fascist vomit.

markus1

Club Member
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Crazy start to Argentina-Nigera match...Messi scores a screamer and the next minute Nigeria scores a beautiful curler...and it is only the 4th. minute !

Yeap, the match was cool :) I absolutely enjoyed watching it
btw, Nigeria have an awesome goalkeeper "COMON COMON MOVE MOVE" lol

markus1

Club Member
Reactions
britbox said:
Suarez biting people again. WTF?

That was the third time he bit someone. The guy is nuts. At least FIFA had the guts to suspend him for nine matches and ban for four months from any football-related activity + a fine of 100,000 Swiss franks.

ad2a067010.jpg