Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Janowicz in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who wins?

The battle of the Poles. Never played each other at ATP level: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=K540&oId=J397

Click here for the Day 9 Order of Play

(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Who saw an all Polish quarter final coming up before the tournament?! Hoping Janowicz comes through. Would love to see him play Murray.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard had Janowicz as a wildcard in the slam challange. That despite the guy being in Nadal's and Federer's quarter. :clap AND :puzzled

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I picked JJ in 4 because it's a big moment for him, and he can still go a little flaky for periods of time.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lukasz Kubot happy dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekQEbNh8Mc

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
best QF in ages, no? ;) and i'd LOVE to see that dance. anyway, i think it's JJ time.

what i do like about him, if he gets to the SF, is that he'd prove himself worthy in the least fancy, but most relevant section of greatness: winning when opportunity arises. we always talk about great potential when a youngster upsets a top dog. but what they so often fail at is winning when they're supposed to. JJ did a combination of both in Paris, and it'd be nice to see more of that.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Riotbeard had Janowicz as a wildcard in the slam challange. That despite the guy being in Nadal's and Federer's quarter. :clap AND :puzzled

I got lucky. Picked him because I liked him. No idea he would be this close to making the semis! I was sitting on a bus from DC to Boston all day yesterday, so I made my friend give me score updates on Novak, Delpo, and J.J.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Janowicz in four sets and then he runs out of gas against Murray in the semis.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
shawnbm said:

Sincerely hope not. I want him to remember he beat him in Paris and with that in the back of his mind, bludgeon, serve and dropshot his way not only to the final but to lift the trophy. Very exciting guy to watch for one of the tallest guys on tour and I normally hate watching tall guy tennis as it mostly sucks. This guy is really different from the rest and is a great mover. Hoping he goes all the way. If not he's had a hell of tournament.

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
shawnbm said:

This guy is really different from the rest and is a great mover. Hoping he goes all the way. If not he's had a hell of tournament.

Agree with you. He does have a great game and very exciting to watch. He doesn't panic and controls himself well. I think he is much different than other young one. He could become a one to watch in near future.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Janowicz is better and though they both lack experience at this stage of a major I think Jerzy is better equipped to handle it. Jerzy would provide an entertaining semi vs. Murray though the outcome of that match will not be in doubt.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
Janowicz is better and though they both lack experience at this stage of a major I think Jerzy is better equipped to handle it. Jerzy would provide an entertaining semi vs. Murray though the outcome of that match will not be in doubt.

I don't know Darth...Jerzy is so young and cocky that he might not realize he is supposed to lose against Murray. That makes him dangerous...:blush:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
DarthFed said:

I don't know Darth...Jerzy is so young and cocky that he might not realize he is supposed to lose against Murray. That makes him dangerous...:blush:

If he does make it I do expect to see that kind of attitude from him. But Murray has too much game on grass and the roar of the crowd doesn't hurt, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. This Wimbledon has taught us that lesson rather harshly.