Who wins?

• Total voters

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who wins?

Ferrer leads 6 - 2.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=F401&oId=D683

I doubt Del Potro will win, but went with him in 5 nonetheless.

Click here for the Day 9 Order of Play

(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The most difficult quarterfinal to pick, but I'll go with Ferrer in 4.

Andrew William

Masters Champion
Reactions
Tough one. If Delpo can serve well he can make this a marathon match potentially. If however, he has to rely on baseline battles to win a lot of points it's going to be a long day for him. David can work his inside out forehands all day and JMDP will have to move well enough to recover from these and I just haven't seen great mobility from him on this surface yet. I see Ferrer also using the drop shot in this one to some degree.

Like Tented said, Ferrer in 4 most likely.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree this is a tough one to pick. I'm going to come back to it before I vote. Ferrer will try to make DP run, so much will depend on the knee. If Juan Martin is suffering at all, and the match goes long, David should win. However, Ferrer has been looking less than his usual solid self. If Del Potro serves big and rolls early, he'll win it, I feel. I like both, so I'm happy whoever wins, I guess.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Ferrer in 3. Big match up advantage in his favour despite the height difference and lack of power. He'll run DP ragged and win in straights in a boring one sided match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Ferrer in 3. Big match up advantage in his favour despite the height difference and lack of power. He'll run DP ragged and win in straights in a boring one sided match.

Somehow, I don't really think that's how it will go, Front...of all the various options.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
del potro will pummel the Scurrying Spanish hamster into the lonely Wimbledon turf....

nuclear war forehands and serves, nuclear war in/out forehand, slice bh then POW get ferrer mid-court then BIFF..jmdp fires the feeble lunging return by ferrer for another cc fh winner..

throw in a few drop shots etc..and del potro strolls into the semi's in 5 easy sets.

....OH YES.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
del potro will pummel the Scurrying Spanish hamster into the lonely Wimbledon turf....

nuclear war forehands and serves, nuclear war in/out forehand, slice bh then POW get ferrer mid-court then BIFF..jmdp fires the feeble lunging return by ferrer for another cc fh winner..

throw in a few drop shots etc..and del potro strolls into the semi's in 5 easy sets.

....OH YES.

:laydownlaughing Ok, you've decided me. It goes 5, but therefore I pick the Valencian varmint.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the hardest one to pick
David hasnt been playing all that great....still he finds a way to win
Del Potro is still a question mark for me in ways
Despite David's h2h over Del Potro
I will go with Del Potro in 5 sets......

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
Daveed for yet another semi. i'd love for JMDP to do it, but he's never been fully comfortable on grass, and if he wasn't faking the injury talk and there's only the slightest handicap, Ferru will pounce.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:

Somehow, I don't really think that's how it will go, Front...of all the various options.

Well, that's how it went last year, isn't it? Surprisingly simple and straight forward. I like Ferrer but I'm rooting for JM. I actually hope he wins Wimbledon too, or JJ. I expect a 1v2 final, but I'm hoping agin it...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
I doubt Del Potro will win, but went with him in 5 nonetheless.

I did the exact same thing. Although maybe instead of doubt, I will say I am not sure delpo will win.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
The most difficult quarterfinal to pick, but I'll go with Ferrer in 4.

My feelings as well, particularly since Delpo had a knee issue and Ferrer will rally all day long. In the end, David has had a respectable last five years at the AELTC and is more likely to win.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
OMG. Delpo is down in the first game. He is in serious pain and the trainer is attending now.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Was thinking this would be the toughest one to call today but reading the post above...probably not. I was thinking DP in 4.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
He's gonna give it a go, but I can't see him finishing this match as Ferrer will run him around. We'll see.

DP gets the early break 2-1. He is firing from the baseline trying to take control of the points early.

Before his injury in the first game I would have picked DP in 4, but now I don't know if he will be able to finish this match and if he does finish his mobility was hampered.