2013 Wimbledon SF: Murray vs. Janowicz

Who wins?

• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The series is tied 1-1. Andy's win came in 2009, but JJ scored his victory at the Paris indoors last year.

Who wins?

Andy+Murray+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+3Y_CBep0UiJx.jpg

vs.
1856708.jpg

Click here for the Day 11 Order of Play

(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Reaching a slam quarter was a big enough moment for him so hopefully the nerves will be settled and the aces will be flowing. 30 today in his first slam quarter! And in a 3 set victory. Mighty impressive.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
HOW MANY TIMES? HOW MANY TIMES? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I ACE YOU, MURRAY?!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Pole serves too big not to get one set--but that is all he will get.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You'd expect JJ to be overwhelmed by the occasion. Anyway, I think Murray is too tight for him. Muzza in 3!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
For a younger player a scare like today's match isn't a bad thing as long as they survive it. I think Murray will be ready to go and he will get more serves back in play than Jerzy is used to seeing. I think it will be surprisingly straightforward but I hope Janowicz does well. I really don't think the moment will get the better of him but Murray will prove too good at this point.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
HOW MANY TIMES? HOW MANY TIMES? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I ACE YOU, MURRAY?!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfTDuISM4U[/video]

:laydownlaughing:laydownlaughing

Jerzy in 4 sets and then he asks Andy how many times he will need to compete to win Wimbledon.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The H2H is 1-1 with the last match between the two being at the Paris Masters last year, when JJ won.

I'm cheering for JJ and have been a believer since Paris (you don't beat five top 20 players in a row on a fluke), but think his run ends here. Andy in 4. Hope I'm wrong, though!

Actually, Jerzy is 10-9 vs players who have been in the top 10 (past or present). A few of those were recent players who are no longer in their prime, but still - that's pretty decent.

LOL at the meltdown. Hey, at least he has fire. I'd love to see Grigor Dimitrov shive a git like that.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Picking JJ in four (heart pick), he moves more like someone 6 foot tall, and I like his fire.

I actually think the "moment" might be too much for him and Andy will run away with it.

Front242 said:
Reaching a slam quarter was a big enough moment for him so hopefully the nerves will be settled and the aces will be flowing. 30 today in his first slam quarter! And in a 3 set victory. Mighty impressive.

Andy returns a little better than Kubot. ;)

For sure yeah but he's bound to still get quite a few aces. If he got half what he got today, 15 cheap points is good in any case.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Murray has been reminded that he can't let the nerves or the pressure get to him. And, while Jerzy has nothing to lose, I think the moment, and the crowd, will be rather overwhelming.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My heart says Jerzy he was in tears after his win today over Kubot.....the first Polish man to make a s/final at
Wimbledon
In saying that I will go with my head and pick Murray to win in 4 sets.
I would really love for Murray to win Wimbledon this year.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Andy Murray in four sets. I think Janowicz will take a set off from the Murray because of his big serve. But, in the end, Murray's return of serve and resolve will prevail.

Also, I picked Murray to defeat Djokovic before the tournament.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Murray to win the tournament, so will stick with him, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if JJ pulled off the upset. I like the guy's mentality and he's got a big game that meshes well with the surface.

Andrew William

Masters Champion
Reactions
I can't really make an informed hypothesis on this match as I haven't had the luxury of watching Jan much. Hot blooded clubber that he is, I'm sure he could put some scare into the Scot if he plays free and goes for his shots. I'll say Murray in 4 for probabilities sake.

Srini

Futures Player
Reactions
I wanted Murray to win the whole thing and will be happy if he does so. But somehow feel like going with the upset here, JJ in 4. He should make sure he doesnt get into long rallies with Murray.

Its hard not to like Janowicz. He is a little like Djokovic, full of emotions and fire.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Chat is open for Mens Semis. Anything posted in chat will be added into the main discussion thread on Saturday once both semis are complete. If possible, don't use the chat for a semi unless it is actually being played (use the thread outside of match time), as it will be much easier to merge into a thread later. Cheers, BB