• Mikhail in 5 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Novak leads the series 5-3

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=D643&oId=Y061

The mad doctor hasn't won since Rotterdam 2010. Novak won the most recent meeting, a 3-setter in the 2nd round of Monte Carlo this year.

Who ya got?

Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-Rnd1-2013x2_2994386.jpg

vs.
youz500.jpg

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Djokovic takes in pretty easy straight sets. He is sooo fresh after today's match, and Youzney's body is gonna be feeling all five of those sets.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
I think Djokovic takes in pretty easy straight sets. He is sooo fresh after today's match, and Youzney's body is gonna be feeling all five of those sets.

You're probably right, RB, but I'm going Novak in 4, figuring Youzhny's got some fight in him. (BTW, I was wondering today: why do we call him Dr. Youzhny? And does anyone else have a hard time remembering where the 'h' goes? :laydownlaughing)

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

You're probably right, RB, but I'm going Novak in 4, figuring Youzhny's got some fight in him. (BTW, I was wondering today: why do we call him Dr. Youzhny? And does anyone else have a hard time remembering where the 'h' goes? :laydownlaughing)

I apparently forget it's even there :s

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I forget as well, that's why I copied his name from the ATP website. :)

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

He is Dr Youzhny. He has a PhD in Philosophy.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/news/tennis/2011/12/features/youzhny-earns-philosophy-doctorate.aspx

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

He is Dr Youzhny. He has a PhD.

That must be some dry Scottish humor.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

You've lost me Moxie. He is a Dr.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

I had no idea. I've vastly underestimated the guy. Since most players barely complete HS, it's pretty impressive that he finished a doctorate.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak in straight sets....after Youz had a long grinding match with Hewitt I would be surprised if he
can take a set off Novak.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think the good Doctor will give us a lecture on defeat Thursday. No1e in straights.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic, he has looked the most rock solid and determined of the Top 4. Though that meant nothing going into the Wimbledon final this year as he played better than anyone up to that point. Though, he looks determined to win this slam. He has been the most aggressive I have seen him all year.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
I like both guys, but I'm a HUGE Youzhny fan. So, I'll be pulling hard for the good doctor. Going with Djokovic in three, though. Maybe four if he has a lapse.
GO YOOUUZZHHNNYY!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hey Chew! I always smile when I come on the boards and see one of your posts.

Doc has given Nole fits on more than one occasion. He's got to be a little weary from his marathon with Hewitt. I expect him to do everything he can to keep Novak from getting into any kind of rhythm.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Djoker is the current king of the hardcourts although Murray took his crown last year. Djoker is focus and Murray's scrape is his primary goal. He has some unfinished business with Murray and I think he aims to make him pay some "bills" before the end of the year.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:

I had no idea. I've vastly underestimated the guy. Since most players barely complete HS, it's pretty impressive that he finished a doctorate.

Although a psycho himself, he does have a PhD in Sports Psychology.

He's a weasel too, so Nole should remain focused.